Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
Seriously? You should be embarassed, not bragging. Returning an opened game that you didn't like is not within any store's policy, nor is returning a copy of Win95 that your system wasn't capable of running. The items weren't defective, you just didn't do a little bit of homework to figure out if what you were buying was right for you. As a consumer you have to take some responsibility for not being a complete moron. While Best Buy and other stores can be very inflexible and I have had my share of issues with their policies, it makes me sick to see some of the abusive things consumers try to get away with when the store is in no way responsible. It also raises prices for all of us as the stores aren't taking the losses and not passing them on to consumers.
As a target employee and the boyfriend of a girl that works at the service desk at target I strongly agree with you bojay. Zing you have no respect for people working in retail, were all people and everyone deserves a certain level of respect, you should be ashamed of yourself.