Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

Default Ps3: green,yellow, blinking red. help

My 80gig just started doing the green,yellow blinking red last week. I checked the playstation website and they said it is an internal issue but does specify what. anyone heard of it or know a common issues associated with this issue?
    Thanks

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From what I read up on the result that came up the most is either the CPU or GPU needs to be reballed meaning the small solder balls that connect the CPU or GPU to the motherboard have melted under the heat of the PS3's processors. Honestly you have three options, send it to Sony for a refurb or a expensive repair, buy another PS3 or send it to this guy for repair:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...d=237614551228
    "...leave love bleeding, in my hands, in my hands again..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

thanks for the response to the thread. I did go out and buy a new ps3, there was a deal i couldnt pass on so i got a new slim.The only thing that sucks is all my game data is on my old ps3. i just need to put a temp fix for now to copy the data over. Is there any way to put my hdd into an enclosure and copy the data to a computer and take the new hdd and put the data onto that. thanks

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Howie6925 View Post
    thanks for the response to the thread. I did go out and buy a new ps3, there was a deal i couldnt pass on so i got a new slim.The only thing that sucks is all my game data is on my old ps3. i just need to put a temp fix for now to copy the data over. Is there any way to put my hdd into an enclosure and copy the data to a computer and take the new hdd and put the data onto that. thanks
    No problem, glad to help.

That's sadly another story. Sony loves to use encryption on every console meaning any data stored on one, if you wanna transfer to another then both consoles have to be working so you can move everything using a thumb drive, ethernet or external hard drive. If you try plugging it into a normal PC or the new PS3 using a external case it will all be gibberish data. Now if you backed up your data to a thumb drive or external hard drive before the crash then you can simply plug in the back up drive and the PS3 does the work for you. Otherwise, sadly your stuck with a huge doorstop with all your data stuck on it forever unless you get it fixed.

Also you need to go to your PSN account and deactivate the old console and then register your new one:

http://us.playstation.com/support/an....htm?a_id=2616

So to get your data off the drive either send it to Sony for repair or to the guy on ebay, and then when you get it back all fixed, transfer the data immediately:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/44392...-to-a-new-ps3/

Then after everything is wiped from the old drive, either keep it or sell it and say it got refurbished.

Of course if you don't wanna fix it, you could sell it to someone broken, for parts, and they take it off your hands. What sucks is you lose all your saves, but least you make alittle money off of it, it won't be worth much but it could buy a new game. And even if the data is still on the drive they can't use your account since you deactivated it anyway or took the hard drive out.

Wish there was another way to do it like in the old days.
    Last edited by alec006; 02-21-2012 at 03:03 AM.
    "...leave love bleeding, in my hands, in my hands again..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

Well that stinks. I will have to get it repaired i guess it is BC ps3 so i dont really know if i want to parr it out. I have deactivated every ps3 that had my accounts on them though. you know of any way to easily redownload everything, i have 758 items to re-download and ive been doing it for almost a week.lol thanks again for a response in i will try and get it repaired to get the data atleast and store the ps3. thanks.