Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there an easy way to convert component signals to s-video

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, the cable arrived. I popped God of War into the PS2 and set everything up. I was quite surprised to see God of War playing on both my TV and on my laptop via the Dazzle, all at the same time.

The trouble is, the colors are "off" on both screens. I tried plugging the cables in several different ways, and each time the colors shifted, but they were still wrong.

I believe what is happening is that the component signals are "mixing" a little bit, which wouldn't be surprising since there are so many Y-cables involved. Anyway, I was basically doing a quick first try. I'm going to try it again (more carefully) in the next few days. It's so close to working.

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, I tried once again to do what I mentioned in my last post, but I could not get the colors corrected. I thought the problem was because the component cables were slightly different lengths (component wires have to be identical lengths), but even after correcting that, the colors were still off.

So I broke down and purchased a converter off the Internet. If you order directly from Asia (something I didn't check before) you can find converters for around $50 total. Still expensive, but not as expensive as ones you can purchase stateside. I'll see how it performs when it gets here.