I haven't posted a topic for a while so I thought I would chime in here. I was trying the mission where you need to kill the master vampire in Morthal. I talked Thornir? into coming along with me but after ten tries everytime I get to the master vampire I just get shredded mainly his lightning and on top of that I have two other people attacking me. I conjured flame atronarcs, tried fire runes, flames, ice spikes, frost arrows and I'm using a fire enchanted elven mace with the mace of Malog Bal. My weapons are fairly strong and I'm a level 39 but this guy just catches the mace with his face and laughs. I left the place originally but no matter what I do I can't get Thornir to stop following me. Even if I tell him to stay where he is at he follows me to every city I go to and it's getting damn annoying can't even sneak because I don't know if hes detecting me or if it's someone else.

So basically I want to do this mission to get this guy away from me. He is part of the mission so I don't think I can kill him as he wan't to avenge his wife or girlfriend or whatever. Is there anything you guys find that is effective verse the vampires? Can I throw a garlic at him?