Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
Zelda (1 or 2) isn't really a good example of what the majority of games were like BITD though. Even still it's simpler and less time consuming than it's modern counterpart, IMO. Most video games were linear and you could play through them in an hour or less. The average game now-a-days takes double digit hours to complete. Compare Super Mario Bros. to Mario Galaxy. Metal Gear to Metal Gear Solid 4, etc..
Yeah maybe now I can play through Mario 1,2, and three in an hour. Same with Zelda. But that's years after playing and mastering those games. Game guides were much harder to get BITD before the internet. You actually had to sit down and figure out what you were doing. Ever draw your own map to the original Metriod and because you wanted to or thought it was fun, but because Google was not there?

I still stand by original point. I hadn't played any video games from 2000-2008 and when I got a PS2 in 2009 I found there to be a certain level of "hand holding" in games like GTA. I could even level my player up with as many weopons as possible before starting the first mission. All I got in Zelda was a wooden sword... and dang gummit we liked it!!