Thread: Digital Press Podcast (All Episodes)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Stonic made that masterpiece if you have any technical questions.

I do believe it is a 4 way N shifter (it's 4 way for sure ... the "siren" buttons are mapped to the thing in A.P.B. and interrogations are a serious stick-waggle chore along the lines of a Mario Party mini game).
    I had the nitro set like that for Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat / Super Off-Road on my cabinet with the stock Pole Position shifter (which is really single button, only depresses in high gear) and had to perform a similar action for those games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great episode! I really enjoyed the 3DS part of the discussion as well as the Tales of the Store segment, which both pleased and enraged me. Pleased me to hear that Joe is a stand up guy and actually called up the people selling off the games from the previous episode, even though I wasn't part of the pitchfork and torches crowd. Enraged because of the minds of "collectors" - collectors in quotes because they clearly bought the game just to have it graded and sell it off for 2k monies.
    As someone who has worked retail for quite a few years I can safely say that FACTORY SEALED GAMES (or any product, really) ARE NOT NECESSARILY PRISTINE WHEN THEY COME OFF THE ASSEMBLY LINE! But sure, your refund policy is a noble thing, even if these people were clearly just using it because they figured they wouldn't get a 100 grading on the games.

Sure, this point of view will probably make me look like an ass to most people, but come on, let's not go into the whole grading discussion again.

Back to the episode, it was definately a step up on the production side from the first episode, even if I'd still like to have the segments divided into their own little video but hey, I'll make a DVD of each episode and just put in chapter starts at each segment, so that's really no big deal.

Also, do you guys take request/suggestions for future episodes? If so, as someone who will probably never have the opportunity to visit the store, I'd like to hear more about the store in general. Perhaps a tour of the store, some thoughts on how (and why) things are placed, as well as what goes into concideration regarding what games you take in and how you price them.
    Denmark: Home of The Little Mermaid and heavy sarcasm.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Can you splice in screen shots or video of the games you are talking about? That would add a little variety...when Mike talks about a game I never heard of ("Shadows of the Damned"?) it would be nice to see what he's talking about rather than you guys sitting around.

On the sealed game thing, I sold a sealed copy of GameCube Twin Snakes over the summer and I will never auction a sealed game again. The bidders were just totally unreasonable. Get a life.

btw I bought the game at a NAVA meeting and sold it for more than twice what I paid. No, I didn't track the guy down to give him more money.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Ice View Post
    Can you splice in screen shots or video of the games you are talking about? That would add a little variety...when Mike talks about a game I never heard of ("Shadows of the Damned"?) it would be nice to see what he's talking about rather than you guys sitting around.
    That was the plan for this episode, but unfortunately this episode was a production nightmare. I'm not going to get into why it was a production nightmare, but I can say that the problems I had were figured out and will not be happening again.

I do appreciate all the feedback, and if you anybody is interested in requesting topics, feel free to visit the thread that is stickied in the classic games forum.

-mike

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

One phrase: title cards. I know y'all are probably planning on having them anyway, but title cards at the start of each segment would be super duper uuper.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What do you mean by title cards? I throw in a phrase that goes along with the upcoming segment, such as the phrase "con job" when we spoke of conventions. I think the only ongoing segment is the "tales from the store" which had the title "tales from the store" in the beginning.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by killersquirel View Post
    What do you mean by title cards? I throw in a phrase that goes along with the upcoming segment, such as the phrase "con job" when we spoke of conventions. I think the only ongoing segment is the "tales from the store" which had the title "tales from the store" in the beginning.
    Oh you know, those little (generally static) "cards" (Though they are not physical cards anymore.) with a background image or pattern and then the title of the segment written on them, usually in a themed font, sometimes perhaps with a different graphic or font for each segment that's used each episode.