Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress View Post
Jeff, you and I were part of a discussion where this was addressed DURING the fundraiser. That conversation brought a ring of people around to comment and speculate (there are even photos of this in one of the NAVA galleries) which is why it seemed like a good conversation to share with the world at large. In that group of a dozen or so, everyone seemed genuinely interested, concerned, and full of speculation.
OK, and I believe my portion of that conversation consisted of "it'll be fine, most of the people who haven't donated (including me) will do so closer to the deadline". And apparently that is what ultimately happened. And yes I too said it was silly that people would want a breakdown of where the money was going item by item, and that has not changed.

What has changed is the fundraiser was a success. Is it necessary to go back into the "2000 people clicked the like button" thing?

Less explicitly, during that casual NAVA conversation amongst friends, I agreed most of the anti-fundraiser noise was coming from the negative vbender banana convention that never likes anything. It's one thing to slag people that are (potentially, but not really) slowing things down in a semi-private conversation among, like, five people. It's another to dwell on it in promotional materials for the museum.

So yes, as your photographic evidence confirms (?), there was indeed a brief conversation at a NAVA meeting about how a number of unnamed people curiously aren't on board with the whole museum thing. And again, I questioned if it was a case of people truly not being on board, or delaying a credit card purchase as long as possible (which pretty much any prudent adult tends to do).

What I don't get as why that would continue to be an issue after the finish line has been crossed. No good can come from it.