Thread: N64 Importers

whaler on the moon Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthLurker View Post
    Mario 64 rumble edition
    Is the rumble feature executed well in this version of Super Mario 64? I have the Wave Race rumble version and I feel like the game included rumble just to include rumble. In other words, force feedback is not nearly as fine tuned as say Star Fox 64 or Ocarina of Time.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I only have one N64 import and it's Animal Forest )Animal Crossing).
    I may start collecting more in the future and I definately want to play Sin & Punishment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post

I actually don't have the controller paks in those. I don't know if they were removed at some point or if they were manufactured that way and needed them put in later. The game had completely generic paks, though. No special data, no special design. The only thing special is that the games come with a WPJ2-themed controller pak sticker that you could place on it. All of my copies do have those. I think the copies of Doubutsu no Mori with controller paks are basically the same.
    If your lucky enough to find a copy of doubutsu no mori thats brand new theres actually data on the controller pak, exactly like there was in the gamecube version. When you play it for the very first time with the controller pak in you get a famicom game in the post when you save.

Been a very long time since i bought anything N64 but it's a fun console to own.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Oh really? That's pretty cool. I wonder if anybody ever used a DexDrive to upload the save.

As for Choro Q 64 2, It really shouldn't be that expensive or rare to the best of my knowledge. I wouldn't spend more than, say, $20 for a complete copy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had the same idea at one point but finding a unused copy of animal forest is reall REALLY hard hehe, some people say it's new & then you open it & it looks like new but then you put the controller pak in & bam, no omake data. The problem was after it's been used once the welcome omake data deletes itself just like it did with the gamecube version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Same basic topic, slight tangent: Anybody here collect for the N64 DD? For some odd reason this system really intrigues me, but I've never taken the plunge (mainly due to the high price tag). Personally, I would not need to collect all the games, but I would love to own the system, F-Zero Expansion and Sim City.

If you do have one, where'd you find the system or did you have to resort to eBay? Did you get a good deal?

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I've flirted with the idea of getting a 64DD for years, but I feel like I missed the chance to get a good lot for a few hundred dollars a few years back. The stuff is just so dang expensive now (and I thought it was too expensive then, sheesh).

Plus it doesn't help that I feel like if I was to buy a 64DD, I should just go all in and get a full set, since it seems like a waste of money to piece together one. I'm not a big full set kind of person, but when the library is that small and the stuff so expensive, I feel like I need to get the most out of it by having all of the games.

I really want to play the F-Zero Expansion Kit someday, though. I need to race Big Foot, haha. I so want to listen to the new music tracks too. I love the F-Zero X soundtrack to pieces.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SP4C3FL34
    PSN
    ArrowShockwave

The complete Radnet systems (came with all but two games) were selling for BIN $500 for a very long time up until a couple years ago. Then, seemingly over night, they began to command $1,300 at auction. Apparently you aren't the only person intrigued by the system. I'm very annoyed that I passed on it numerous times at $500 just because I wasn't collecting outside of Sega items at that time and I figured the price was pretty stable. Then again, I thought the same thing about Earthbound when it was at $200. My precognitive abilities are a complete fail.
    Be Attitude For Gains...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well sounds like I am in a similar boat. I first started looking for a DD around 2003-2004. Still relatively expensive then, but definitely more manageable. The sad part is the complete lack of games (I'm sort of surprised Nintendo even released it!). Other than the two already mentioned, I can't think of ANY DD game that looks remotely interesting/playable. Any other game somebody is dying to play on the 64DD?

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

I have everything for the 64DD here. Prices must have gone up in shunts, because I paid $350 including shipping for everything bar the two rare games some 6-7 years ago, which also included a bunch of flyers and other promotional documents. I think I paid about $200-250 each for the other two titles and around $50 for a boxed keyboard. So under $1000 easily for all programs. And yeah, I've seen how much the price has gone up today.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Milk Thistle's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The 64DD would be a lot cooler if it played Famicom disk titles.

It is hands down the ultimate obscure Nintendo hardware, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Or at least had a cool mascot, ala Diskun.

Mayhem, is the golf game even worth playing? With such a high price tag I would hope the title was at least decent.

Also, do you need a Japanese N64 to play the DD? Or will it work with a US console?

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

It'll work on a US N64. But if you want to play the F-Zero X Expansion Kit, you need a Japanese copy of F-Zero X (the original cart version, that is).

I've heard that the golf game is pretty good, but considering how much people spend on it, I'd try to convince myself that it's good too, haha. It's still just golf in the end, and I bet it doesn't compare to something like Neo Turf Masters.

Other than SimCity 64 and the F-Zero Expansion Kit, I'd really like to give Doshin the Giant a try. I suppose the sequel too, if only to learn what the hell it plays like. I suppose the English European GameCube release renders the first Doshin a bit obsolete, though. I mean, PAL GameCube games can play on a US GameCube with a freeloader or some such, right?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Milk Thistle's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    It'll work on a US N64. But if you want to play the F-Zero X Expansion Kit, you need a Japanese copy of F-Zero X (the original cart version, that is).

I've heard that the golf game is pretty good, but considering how much people spend on it, I'd try to convince myself that it's good too, haha. It's still just golf in the end, and I bet it doesn't compare to something like Neo Turf Masters.

Other than SimCity 64 and the F-Zero Expansion Kit, I'd really like to give Doshin the Giant a try. I suppose the sequel too, if only to learn what the hell it plays like. I suppose the English European GameCube release renders the first Doshin a bit obsolete, though. I mean, PAL GameCube games can play on a US GameCube with a freeloader or some such, right?
    AKAIK the Cube Doshin the Giant game was exactly the same as the 64DD one just upgraded.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yeah, I know. I think the graphics were a little improved, but the best part is that it's in English. It's just a shame that the US didn't get a release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's a post of LAST REGION I did a while back... lots of pictures

http://digitpress.com/forum/showthre...mport+nintendo

I used to be a quasi-"hoarders" type of collector until a couple of years ago. I have thinned the herd considerably since then.

I had a great collection of N64 imports. I'm getting rid (or have gotten rid of) all but three... Sin & Punishment, Bakuretsu Muteki Bangaio, and Dezaemon 3-D. If you knew how much I've sold off and how little I'm keeping you'd know just how fantastic these games are.

!
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich View Post
    Here's a post of LAST REGION I did a while back... lots of pictures

http://digitpress.com/forum/showthre...mport+nintendo
    Not sure this is truly a "Fatal error" as the message says, but the link isn't working.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frogofdeath View Post
    Not sure this is truly a "Fatal error" as the message says, but the link isn't working.
    Hmmm... I clicked on it and it's working. Anyone else having problems following the link? I'm using my work computer and it does weird things with browsers sometimes. I'll try and correct.
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SP4C3FL34
    PSN
    ArrowShockwave

It works for me.
    Be Attitude For Gains...

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

But it's not working for me, haha. Talk about inconclusive answers.