Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0) Milk Thistle's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some goodies from my last trip into Tokyo:

Mostly games from my childhood, not really into collecting anymore.

One big surprise was being in a store and finding out there was actually a "Samurai Pizza Cats" video game (3rd row down, second cart). And after beating it it's quite good! The Double Dragon III text errors (BIMMY AND JIMMY!) are just as I remembered them. The Kinnikuman/M.U.S.C.L.E game is absolutely terrible, but I loved the toys as a kid. Hammerin' Harry is just an awesome title all around. And gotta love the fact that the Ninja Gaiden III cartridge uses the cover of the anime OVA!

I actually didn't own a Famicom when I started buying these, but most were 100-200Y so I could'nt resist.

After buying about 10 carts I ending up just buying a system, too, since I found a good deal (60 bucks with both controllers!).

And yes, that is from my (then) hotel room. I'm the guy who flew half way around the world to Japan and ran back to play the games I bought.

I also have to say that Mighty Final Fight must be some kind of programming miracle. I had no idea the NES was capable of running a game that looked this good. It even might put the Master System to shame.

Oh, and Metal Gear on the Famicom is just as terrible as the NES version. Somehow, I thought it might be better...

At least Michael Biehn still looks bitchin' on the cover.
    Last edited by Milk Thistle; 07-11-2011 at 03:37 AM.

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cool Stuff everyone!

@ Dred - Thats cool you can still get them for that cheap. They are hard to find here in the United States. I got mine from someone on another forum. Id be interested in some Polish games if you feel like helping me

@Tupin - I get most of my stuff from yahoo japan auctions or through trades. Ebay is way overpriced and some auctions tend to get out of hand.

@StealthLurker - Yeah, I love these pirate carts of the disk system exclusives, I have a few more on the way to me. I have a contact in Thailand that I get them from.

Ai Senshi Nicol pirate cart, CIB:
    Last edited by Parodius Duh!; 07-14-2011 at 12:41 AM.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Nice, you'd almost think it was legitimate.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OH! MY GOD. Pretty nice looking Nicol bootleg. Really fun game too. Kinda reminds me of StarTropics.

Also, is this thread for Disk System collection photos as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PnkyDmn13 View Post
    OH! MY GOD. Pretty nice looking Nicol bootleg. Really fun game too. Kinda reminds me of StarTropics.

Also, is this thread for Disk System collection photos as well?

Thanks! Yeah its professional quality, your average collector would never know its a pirate of a FDS exclusive title.

Sure! why not....Disk System is still a part of the original Famicom library.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My phone camera is pretty bad, so...

Anyway, here are my used/complete FDS. Though I am not sure where the pink warning slip for Mario is... Pretty sure it is probably in another game box.

And my NOS games. Most are just the common crap ones you see everywhere. The only uncommon ones are probably Air Foot and Roger Rabbit. I hardly see Roger Rabbit at all, so when I saw a new one a few years ago for pretty cheap, I had to get it.

I also have three complete DOG Square games, not pictured, which are Hao-kun (was new, but I opened it briefly to verify that everything was actually there), Apple Town Story, and Tobidase Daisakusen.

I will post my boxed Famicom cart pictures later, but given the quality of my camera, it might not be worth it, hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

awesome score on the NOS Roger Rabbit, that titles been going for 70+ used and missing the outer case...