Thread: N64 Jumper Packs Need Several

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default N64 Jumper Packs Need Several

At work we have dozens of systems but no jumper packs. I have looked around a bit and can't locate a source to get any kind of quantity for a decent price. Anyone have any suggestions on where to locate some? Thanks any help in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Every once in a while Gamestop sells old ones also if you have a store called Disc Replay somewhere in your area I KNOW they have one also ebay,amazon etc. online stores

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I highly doubt you'd be able to find anything Nintendo 64 related at GameStops in the United States at this point (Not counting compatible video cables that still are carried because they didn't change for the GameCube).

And he's talking about the default pass through device that every system came equipped with, not the expansion pack. I'm quite certain stores like GameStop never carried the jumper pack unless you count those still installed in preowned consoles.

It's basically a worthless accessory since no one is going to ever downgrade their console (Beyond a few fans of Space Station Silicon Valley) and it wasn't something likely to just come up missing, so a chain like GameStop would've never stocked such a thing or paid for it to be traded in.

You might want to consider just scrapping the lot. As the person that had them before your store seems to have discovered (Or perhaps even the store you work at), the expansion pack alone is more sellable than a fully equipped console. So buying expansion packs for the lot isn't going to be worthwhile. And I really doubt it's going to be worth your time or money to track down any jumper packs since I really doubt you're ever going to come across a source for these in any sort of quantity.

But good luck in your search and hopefully I'll be proven wrong. Or perhaps you could just solder in some wires to take the place of the jumper pack (it didn't actually do anything besides complete some connections) on each console?
    Last edited by Leo_A; 06-18-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    But good luck in your search and hopefully I'll be proven wrong. Or perhaps you could just solder in some wires to take the place of the jumper pack (it didn't actually do anything besides complete some connections) on each console?
    Acid etch some custom circuit boards, cut them to fit to jumper the connections and just jam that shit in there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    APE992

Quote Originally Posted by Bratwurst View Post
    Acid etch some custom circuit boards, cut them to fit to jumper the connections and just jam that shit in there.
    I've looked at doing that, it isn't that simple but it's close.

The jumper pak has a few SMD capacitors along with something else I don't recall identifying properly. Overall its a dirt easy piece of PCB to clone. The Expansion Pak is as well but you just have to get ahold of the rambus chips to drop onto a cloned board.

I'd assume there must be more to it than that or else the 3rd party paks wouldn't have had the issues they did.
    I fix things. You name it, I'll work on it. Want something modded? Recapped?

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Here is a great breakdown of the N64 jumper pack guts:

http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic...&t=628&start=0

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cmo View Post
    At work we have dozens of systems but no jumper packs. I have looked around a bit and can't locate a source to get any kind of quantity for a decent price. Anyone have any suggestions on where to locate some? Thanks any help in advance.
    You could sell the systems for parts or just systems without jumper packs. I mean if some of them are the colored systems you could sell the cases if you like. Most people I remember still have either the Jumper or Expansion pack just lying around in a drawer waiting for a new system to jump or expand. Hell even I have an N64 I need to fix and a bare system without anything is just what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    It's basically a worthless accessory since no one is going to ever downgrade their console (Beyond a few fans of Space Station Silicon Valley) and it wasn't something likely to just come up missing, so a chain like GameStop would've never stocked such a thing or paid for it to be traded in.
    , there's actually a game that doesn't work well with the expansion pack, I'm sorry that's just funny for some reason.
    "...leave love bleeding, in my hands, in my hands again..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    APE992

Zelda:OoT with an expansion pak and a Gameshark would occasionally freeze at random. This combo was necessary if you wanted to search for your own memory values for new codes. Sucked when it happened. I'd wager there are a good number of games that have various issues with it, but Spave Station Silicon Valley is the only one with a "show stopper" bug like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    APE992

Whoops stupid server error and a double post.