Quote Originally Posted by tubeway View Post
If you're not willing to invest a ton of editing and writing time in the videos, at least do a few things that will greatly improve the quality and only take a small initial investment in time:

Create a quick opening video sequence telling people what the channel or videos are about, and paste that at the beginning of each. Possibly create a few different ones for each video type.
I'd like to do that, or atleast ask someone to make that

Use brighter lighting when recording, and correct the white balance on your camera. Get an external mic if you can afford it (which I'm sure you can, judging by all the stuff you buy)
i thought the lighting of the later videos was a lot better then the early ones, using all the lights i have available. But since i'm recording with a photocamera the quality isn't HD (or close)

Try not to sound like a thug when talking to the camera. Omit as much slang as possible.
hehe this made me laugh as you can judge by my accent i'm no natural speaker and my vocabulary comes mainly from games and movies.

Write a quick script (at least mentally) for what you intend to say. Structure it better so it's not just, "look at what I bought off ebay, it's really cool, okay thanks bai." If a video isn't at least a couple minutes long, make it a combined video with another item.
I do the mental script thing, I think about what I wanna say and if i mess up I start over but yeah i could add more items to make the videos a bit longer

Put more freakin' effort into these, or stop promoting them like they're this big deal. There's enough quality youtube video makers out there already that there's little reason for anyone to watch these in particular. Give people a reason.
I'm actually putting effort in these, but next to my full time study, job and girfriend I don't have the time to create epic presentations.. but I'm very happy with the critique and will take it at heart

First of all, thanks for the advice. I'm no professional, nor do i intend to be, so any help to improve the quality is always welcome!
I realise that the promotion was a little too much, making it look spam, which wasnt my intention.