Thread: Transfering Games From PSP to a PS3

Peach (Level 3) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Transfering Games From PSP to a PS3

Picked up a bc compatible ps3 and got rid of my old ps3. My question is can I transfer games from the psp to the "new" ps3. It has 3 memory card slots, tried putting the memory card in the slot and nothing happened. So I tried hooking up the psp with mc in it and it didn't work. Am I missing a step or is it just not possible. The games I'm trying to transfer are bought and downloaded from the playstation store before it went belly up. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I dont think the PS3 plays PSP games.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

The only games that are compatible with both PSP and PS3 are Minis and PSOne Classics.

You can transfer PSP games purchased/dowloaded from the PSN to the PS3 for storage, but you won't be able to play them.

To transfer games from the PSP to the PS3, plug the PSP into the PS3 with the USB cable and then go to the activate USB icon on the far left.

You should be able to find any games on the system when its recognized on the XMB, simply right-click on the game and select copy.

If you want to transfer games from the PS3 to the PSP, connect the PSP with the above instructions, then on the compatible game on the PS3 hdd, hit the triangle button and select copy.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Peach (Level 3) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Transfering Games From PSP to a PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    The only games that are compatible with both PSP and PS3 are Minis and PSOne Classics.

You can transfer PSP games purchased/dowloaded from the PSN to the PS3 for storage, but you won't be able to play them.

To transfer games from the PSP to the PS3, plug the PSP into the PS3 with the USB cable and then go to the activate USB icon on the far left.

You should be able to find any games on the system when its recognized on the XMB, simply right-click on the game and select copy.

If you want to transfer games from the PS3 to the PSP, connect the PSP with the above instructions, then on the compatible game on the PS3 hdd, hit the triangle button and select copy.
    Then how do I redownload games I've already bought to the new activated ps3? Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by thegamezmaster View Post
    Then how do I redownload games I've already bought to the new activated ps3? Thanks.
    You'll need to wait for the Playstation Store to go back online, which I believe is tomorrow or Tuesday.

Then you can log in to your account on either the PS3 and PSP, activate the respective systems and go to "download list" (upper right hand side of the store, small icon) you'll have the option to re-download anything you've purchased there.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was hoping Sony would advance their PSP emulator so it could run more than just the most basic of PSP software on the PS3 since the PSP's tv/out feature left so much to be desired (No way to use a PS3 controller with UMD's beyond Resistance, and you're stuck with the incorrect AR and a fraction of your screen when using TV/Out on any PSP).

But it looks like they've enjoyed the success of their PS2 remaster program so much that they're going to introduce a similar PSP remastering program.

http://kotaku.com/5804342/psp-games-...-extra-content

So whatever PSP content you were interested in transferring to your PS3 just might be migrating to the system in the future.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 05-22-2011 at 08:36 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a go with 10 games on it can the games be transferred to my other psp's?
    neo geo system

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a go with 10 games on it can the games be transferred to my other psp's?
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto View Post
    Not unless you have or can get the username and password of the purchasing PSN account.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    ... No way to use a PS3 controller with UMD's beyond Resistance...
    Unless you have a PSP Go. Any other criticism about the device aside, where control and A/V output is concerned it's the best of the bunch. It will output game and video with both composite and component and you can wirelessly connect a Dual Shock 3 to the Go and use it to control everything. Games, XMB, everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That's why I said UMD's.

That said, I agree with you. The ability to use a Six Axis/Dual Shock 3 controller with any PSP game while outputting it to a tv was a big draw and was the only reason I bought a Go. Well worth it for that purpose, I just wish the PSN library covered a higher percentage of retail games than it does.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 05-23-2011 at 05:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    That's why I said UMD's.

That said, I agree with you. The ability to use a Six Axis/Dual Shock 3 controller with any PSP game while outputting it to a tv was a big draw and was the only reason I bought a Go. Well worth it for that purpose, I just wish the PSN library covered a higher percentage of retail games than it does.
    Ah yes, indeed, where UMDs are concerned the regular PSPs are lacking that feature, though, I wonder if Sony could add it to any of them.

Have hackers created a feature for any of the custom firmwares for the 1000/2000/3000 models that allow for controller use via the USB port?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Ah yes, indeed, where UMDs are concerned the regular PSPs are lacking that feature, though, I wonder if Sony could add it to any of them.

Have hackers created a feature for any of the custom firmwares for the 1000/2000/3000 models that allow for controller use via the USB port?
    I believe the USB connection on a 1st party PS3 controller is just for charging, but it wouldn't surprise me if hackers had done something similar with alternate controllers.

With the 1000/2000/3000 lacking BlueTooth, there isn't much hope for Sony to ever patch in the feature. I guess they could go the Resistance route and let you communicate between your PSP and PS3 via WiFi, with your PS3 handling communicating to your PS3 controller via BlueTooth with a free app (In the case of Resistance PSP, you have to have Resistance 2 running on your PS3 as I recall). But if they ever had any intentions of doing so, I think we'd of gotten it long ago.

I had hoped for one last PSP revision that integrated the 16 gigs of internal memory and BlueTooth features of the Go with the form factory and UMD drive of the 3000. But there doesn't seem to be much hope at this point although there were rumors not long ago before the NGP announcement turned everyone's attention away.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 05-23-2011 at 06:38 PM.