Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
I don't want to say JSnake is lying, but he's definitely not correct in saying that EarthBound plays fine on the Supaboy. EarthBound employs all of its anti-piracy measures when played on a Supaboy. Expect enemy encounters to be increased by a factor of four, making the entire game an absolute grind. Just go to the part in the beginning of the game with the town gang thugs. There will be so many of them onscreen it will cause slowdown! And of course, the horrible delete your SRAM final boss.

If you want to play EarthBound, the only system that's suited for it is a real SNES or Super Famicom.

For more on the Supaboy, check out my video review. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAxAu6kx7Zg
I'm not sure then. But I do know my EB cart works fine on my Supaboy. If your game is affected by the anti-piracy measures, you should see Spiteful Crows outside of the arcade after defeating the sharks. There are plenty of other examples where enemies appear in areas where they shouldn't. And also I was able to walk all the way from Twoson to the pencil statue in Peaceful Rest Valley without seeing a single enemy. Considering the encounter rate in Peaceful Rest Valley is typically very high in normal circumstances, I should have been seeing a shitload of enemies if the anti-piracy was engaged.

I also was not playing on a flash cart.