Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dai KaiJu Zilla

Default fun free game on xbox live, Harms Way

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...5-d80258410a70

its called harms way and i've had such a blast playing in turret mode, I haven't even bothered racing yet. I've certainly played worse free games.

I know about the doritos ones, are there any other freebies floating around out there? Are
    there any freebies on the PSN for the PS3 or on nintendo store for the wii (about time they got demos!) ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I didn't care for Harm's Way, but I guess most of the fun comes from online multiplayer, which I haven't tried yet. It's nothing special as a single player game, although the production values are pretty high.

Dorito's Crash Course is a fun and addicting game. I've gotten golds on the American and European levels and am working on Japan currently (Got the hardest one, Japan 5 finished, and plan to work backwards). The online multiplayer doesn't seem like anything special, you don't seem to actually see the other opponents and they just appear to have an avatar floating through the course for you to see.

And Dorito's Dash of Destruction (Now delisted I believe after it's 1 year period of availability) was halfway decent. Was some fun to be had chasing the achievements, but I've never gone back to it since getting 200/200.

And there is Aegis Wings, a halfway decent horizontal shooter, which remains available I believe. And there is Yaris, which was a horrible game that has been delisted for quite sometime now after it's 1 year of availability ended. It was designed to promote the car that shares the same name, but I imagine it scared a few people off rather than actually encouraging any gamers to consdier it as they considered buying a new car.

I believe you can still get the delisted free games through various means despite not being available to new users to download off the marketplace. You should be able to get them the following ways. You can have a friend that has it copy it to a memory unit or USB memory stick and copy it to your system (The free games act identically to a normal XBLA release in demo mode). Or you can have a friend recover his gamertag on your console and download the game, which will make it available to your own account to access (Works again since the game acts like a XBLA demo does, your account doesn't need to have "purchased" the free game). You can also find the file online for the free delisted game you want and burn it to a cd-r or dvd-r to play from disc (Just like you can with XBLA demos and XBLA games you've purchased, a feature many people are unaware of). Or you can get it on disc via the Official Xbox Magazine (Dash of Destruction is on disc 96, for example).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Awesome. Thanks for the tip.

Currently downloading now...I hope it's good!
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

There have been a few instances of free games on the PSN.

Both Rag Doll Kung Fu and flOw were free for a week or so (in the US anyway).

And, while there's a yearly or tri-monthly cost of entry, Playstation Plus users have gotten approximately a few hundred dollars and counting worth of free games and content since its inception.

Also, practically all of the 200+ games in Playstation Home are free to play.
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 12-22-2010 at 06:32 PM.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    Dorito's Crash Course is a fun and addicting game.
    Yup. 10x better than Harms Way IMO. It's like Joe Danger without the dirt bikes.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't tried this yet but since it's free I might as well give it a whirl.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Insert Coin (Level 0) God-Zilla's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dai KaiJu Zilla

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    I didn't care for Harm's Way, but I guess most of the fun comes from online multiplayer, which I haven't tried yet. It's nothing special as a single player game, although the production values are pretty high.

Dorito's Crash Course is a fun and addicting game. I've gotten golds on the American and European levels and am working on Japan currently (Got the hardest one, Japan 5 finished, and plan to work backwards). The online multiplayer doesn't seem like anything special, you don't seem to actually see the other opponents and they just appear to have an avatar floating through the course for you to see.

And Dorito's Dash of Destruction (Now delisted I believe after it's 1 year period of availability) was halfway decent. Was some fun to be had chasing the achievements, but I've never gone back to it since getting 200/200.

And there is Aegis Wings, a halfway decent horizontal shooter, which remains available I believe. And there is Yaris, which was a horrible game that has been delisted for quite sometime now after it's 1 year of availability ended. It was designed to promote the car that shares the same name, but I imagine it scared a few people off rather than actually encouraging any gamers to consdier it as they considered buying a new car.

I believe you can still get the delisted free games through various means despite not being available to new users to download off the marketplace. You should be able to get them the following ways. You can have a friend that has it copy it to a memory unit or USB memory stick and copy it to your system (The free games act identically to a normal XBLA release in demo mode). Or you can have a friend recover his gamertag on your console and download the game, which will make it available to your own account to access (Works again since the game acts like a XBLA demo does, your account doesn't need to have "purchased" the free game). You can also find the file online for the free delisted game you want and burn it to a cd-r or dvd-r to play from disc (Just like you can with XBLA demos and XBLA games you've purchased, a feature many people are unaware of). Or you can get it on disc via the Official Xbox Magazine (Dash of Destruction is on disc 96, for example).
    That is great info leo! I wish there were some kind of index or easy way to find exact titles you bought so you could burn them to disc (I like actually having a physical copy of things I buy, call me silly.) I have all the free xbox live titles you mentioned, so I guess I am on the ball for that. Don't have any free PSN titles, so I missed those. the 200+ free games in ps home, is that stuff like the arcade game in uncharteds bar, for example?

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by God-Zilla View Post
    That is great info leo! I wish there were some kind of index or easy way to find exact titles you bought so you could burn them to disc (I like actually having a physical copy of things I buy, call me silly.) I have all the free xbox live titles you mentioned, so I guess I am on the ball for that. Don't have any free PSN titles, so I missed those. the 200+ free games in ps home, is that stuff like the arcade game in uncharteds bar, for example?
    Yup, like that one.

There's all sorts of games, some single player mini games, some multi player sports, action/adventure, strategy, trivia, etc.

Here's a very comprehensive wiki that lists MOST of the "game spaces" (some are region specific, some are no longer available)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...me_Game_Spaces
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 12-26-2010 at 10:54 PM.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Insert Coin (Level 0) God-Zilla's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dai KaiJu Zilla

Hmmm... I wonder if there is some way to preserve or archive those 'game spaces' that come and go before they are lost to the ages...