Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft 2

Insert Coin (Level 0) ambriglia's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Starcraft 2

Anyone else been scouring youtube for SC2 beta vids? I have, and I am loving every second of it. Can't wait for the game.

I saw some cool shit, one where a guy rushed someone else with a Plantetary Fortress (upgraded command center that shoots!).

Anyone else pumped as I am?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No need to get to youtube.

Just go to teamliquid.net site and you will find a LOT of live stream of pro/semi-pro playing right now.
    From the Alpha... to the Omega

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My friend is in beta and said he has so far not been very impressed with it. He is a big fan of the original Starcraft. He said it feels more like a graphics upgrade than a complete game upgrade. It is just beta though.
    Stone Age Gamer®
    Gaming De-evolved.™
    www.stoneagegamer.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeGamer View Post
    It is just beta though.
    I'm pretty sure being in beta means there are some rough edges, not that it's a completely different game than the finished product will be. If your buddy is only seeing fresh graphics now then I would bet he's only going to be seeing fresh graphics when it hits retail.

I didn't make the beta. Oh well, I don't have any free time right now anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b0ub0u View Post
    No need to get to youtube.

Just go to teamliquid.net site and you will find a LOT of live stream of pro/semi-pro playing right now.
    wow! awesome! thanks for the reccomendation. although, this will cut into my productivity at work!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do follow all Korean and non-Korean Starcraft pro scene so let me tell you... you can loose months of your time just watching matches.

If you check the calendar on that teamliquid site you can see that every day there is at least 9-10 matches being played in Korea for tournaments. You either watch them live via a stream (that you can find on the boards of that site) or you wait 1-2 day and you find them on youtube with english commentary!
    From the Alpha... to the Omega

Insert Coin (Level 0) Hari Seldon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeGamer View Post
    My friend is in beta and said he has so far not been very impressed with it. He is a big fan of the original Starcraft. He said it feels more like a graphics upgrade than a complete game upgrade. It is just beta though.
    Funny, the more I learn about the game the more it feels like Starcraft in 3D, let's hope I'm wrong though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    the zdan

Quote Originally Posted by Hari Seldon View Post
    Funny, the more I learn about the game the more it feels like Starcraft in 3D, let's hope I'm wrong though.
    Wouldn't this sort of be a good thing considering how great many people think SC1 was? How much change do you think is right/acceptable building off one of the biggest games ever for that genre?

I was never a big sc player, but I did play endless hours of diablo, especially D2. I hope they take a somewhat tentative step with D3, changing things to make the gameplay better, with the heart of the game staying the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zdan80 View Post
    Wouldn't this sort of be a good thing considering how great many people think SC1 was? How much change do you think is right/acceptable building off one of the biggest games ever for that genre?

I was never a big sc player, but I did play endless hours of diablo, especially D2. I hope they take a somewhat tentative step with D3, changing things to make the gameplay better, with the heart of the game staying the same.
    Since it's an RTS it should be different enough to guarantee that even hardcore players would have to adjust. If not, it would be like buying a new set of chess pieces.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, whare to start, there are so many wrong things about your stance, and perception of gameplay.

I'm no SC fan either, but there is no way in hell, a move to 3D graphics, without completely changing the game along with it, is a good thing.

If anything has been proven, time, and time again, is that in every single case, 3D actually detracts alot from gameplay, unless "every" single system is built from the ground up, to make use of 3D, and even then, the game would most likely suck compared to a 2D counterpart.

D2 is not 3D(did you really spend endless hours playing D2?)lol, so I really don't know where you are getting at.

I really hate it, when I need to help a person, that I'm against, make his argument. Well anyway, you should've mentioned DDO instead(Dungeons & Dragons Online), that's probally the best example there is, when talking about how good a 3D game can be

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hari Seldon View Post
    Since it's an RTS it should be different enough to guarantee that even hardcore players would have to adjust. If not, it would be like buying a new set of chess pieces.
    Yea, I'm sure that if all SC2 really is, is SC1 in 3D, there's no hope of SC2 being anything other then a complete POS.

Lol, Gravity tried to pull that BS with Ragnarok 2, does anyone even give a shit Ragnarok 2 is/was being developed, hell no, and no one cares that there hasn't been any update on progress either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    the zdan

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    I really hate it, when I need to help a person, that I'm against, make his argument. Well anyway, you should've mentioned DDO instead(Dungeons & Dragons Online), that's probally the best example there is, when talking about how good a 3D game can be
    And I really hate it, when someone doesn't understand how to read a simple post, but feels the need to go ranting anyway. To simplify for you, I said that while I did not play enough Starcraft to have a stance, I did play enough Diablo2 to hope that they do not drastically change the feel of the game with D3, but instead stay true to what people loved about the originals.

I am very positive I never stated that I thought D2 was 3D, I was merely asking a basic question of how much change is good with such a loved franchise like SC.

A better analogy, since it sounds like you need one, might be the Bioshock series. Countless people thought Bioshock1 was the best game ever and a sequel would only do it harm. I think that 2K did a very good job of keeping the feel of the original, while adding enough different/improved elements to make the sequel standout.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am very positive I never stated that I thought D2 was 3D, I was merely asking a basic question of how much change is good with such a loved franchise like SC.
    That's impossible to know, the only thing certain is someone is gonna complain no matter what. If you are not into SC just go for SP and enjoy the ride, that's what I'm gonna do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm with you. Give it a fresh coat of paint but leave the guts be.

It's got to be tough, though, figuring out how to keep the game feeling new without changing it so much that it's a completely different experience. And by tough, I guess I mean impossible, because no matter what they're going to have people on both sides complaining. I think it's safe to assume they'll have a winner here, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

here is my input.

the single player will be different, as in you will be getting a great story and completely new aspects to the single player experience. but the multiplayer will be similar. Blizzard's goal was to make it the most competitive RTS. I have no problem with that because i can go back right now to SC1 and play competitively. most likely will be a niche game, but i think all blizzard games are, with the exception of WOW.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    I really love it, when an argumentative idiot, that is on thin ice already, takes those final steps, towards a ban.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm looking forward to it, not only for the gameplay but the story since it kind of ended on a cliffhanger of sorts at the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

played some SC1 matches last night and it felt so good. there is nothing like it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it bad that I'm in Beta but haven't gotten around to playing it yet? Maybe I'd have more time if the stupid lich king would die already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that sould be illegal. if anyone has a beta key and they are not using it, you should be forced to give up your key to someone who will use it! AKA... Me! Please?! :O