Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Default MMMC - Liquid Kids

OK, here we go. Liquid Kids is a platforming game, related at some level to the Bubble Bobble series. You toss water bubbles at enemies, and then kick them to clear levels. With all kinds of traps and crazy obstacles...this game is much harder than the cute graphics lead you to believe.

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=8433

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_Kids

http://drop.io/dpmameclub to grab the ROM.

gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Bloodreign75

Have been playing this one for quite a long time, someone even helped me snag the Saturn version awhile back. I knew the game was filled with nice little bonus items, but I've watched a superplay from some Japanese person playing it on Nico Nico. There was an artistic bonus plus one level even has a little Hippopo look alike that you have to keep alive for the entire level, if you manage to do that you get a 1up.

This is supposed to be a part of the Bubble Bobble series, but feels more like a sequel to New Zealand Story, with the water bubble element from Bubble Bobble thrown in. This game has multiple paths to go through but all end up at the same point at the end of the game. Some paths are harder than others, plus the game is filled with hidden warps. Got this one on Saturn, Taito Legends 2 PS 2 and PC, and on Taito Memories I Joukan PS 2.

I've seen some people call it a kiddie game, don't let the cute exterior fool you, this game is tougher than it looks, and it's awesome.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

I'm still having a heck of a time getting very far in this game. I like it, but man...it's kicking me hard.

And umm...wow. 1 response in 2 weeks...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QuietKrunkKuma

I've been playing this game on and off for the past week or so.. I think it is both really cute (kawaii :3) and really challenging. I don't have any arcade memories of this game, so, while I think it is very fun, and everything, I'm much less motivated to go for the golden high score on this..

After all, until this challenge, it's a game I didn't even know existed! (Shame on me..haha..it is one of the Taito Legends games I never even played before!) I don't know if its my old age showing (mid 30's) or that I actually have so many games (too many) to even realize I had it.

Put me down for the hall of shame. Haha..!

Edit: My score without continues is: 38590 and with continues: 67890. I made it only to World 2-2 without continues. However, after using several continues I finally made it past the boss on 4-2 and into world 5-1. BTW, as the saying goes: age ain't nothing but a #.
    Last edited by Rifter01; 08-09-2010 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Added score and level detail

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Bloodreign75

I find the best way to score in this game is let a big line of enemies come out of their hiding places, nail one with a water bubble, this should stun the entire line. Then kick the first one right into the other one, the more you take out, the better the bonus is that drops from the sky after doing so. Either 1-1 or 1-2 holds the games first warp, there's two spinning wheels near the end of the stage, now you'll notice you can make a plant grow by watering it, but there's a second hidden plant on top of the wooden post after that. Stand next to the post and throw water bombs at the top of the empty post, a plant should grow from out of nowhere, on top of the plant, a door. Go in the door, make it to the other door within the small room, and voila, insta-warp to the first levels boss in 1-3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QuietKrunkKuma

I see.. I'll have to try some of those tips.. I did manage to find a 'warp' to a bonus room purely by accident, so next time I'll look for the level warp.

'Tis a shame I have the hardest time defeating many of the enemies on the 4-x worlds.. Those rock guys & green 'lettuce' looking things can take up to 15 bubbles to defeat. Maybe I should look up the instructions on the power-ups.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Quick question... anybody want to take the reigns for a week or two? I have some busy times coming up for a few weeks, and could use one less thing to stress over for a while.

Let me know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can, though supplying the ROMs would be an issue. There are tons of games from my arcade addict days I can comment upon and make a list from..
    AKA DM Brian, Thaco's Hammer 2nd Edition AD&D Podcast. www.thacoshammer.info

Confessions Of An Arcade Addict Podcast, host, executive producer. http://www.anchor.fm/coaa

Crawl before you walk, walk before you run, run before you fly.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

ROMs aren't a problem. Just PM me a couple days in advance, since I don't check the site every day, and I can put it up.

I've rather lost track of the played games list...I'll try and update that and post it so you know what not to pick

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

OK, here's the list of games that we've played. I think it's complete. You can use the DP search for MMMC as well.

Jump Coaster, Rampart, Jungler, Ninja Emaki, Port Man, Psycho Soldier, Metamoqester, Gunbarich, Sengoku (series), Snacks'n Jackson, Metro-Cross, Moon Shuttle, The Real Ghostbusters, Moonwalker, Black Widow, Kid Niki, Joust 2, Super Contra, Shoot-Out, Raiden, Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Dead Connection, Gate of Doom, The Outfoxies, Popeye, Baseball Stars 2, Intrepid, 1943, Super Pac-Man, Samurai Shodown II, Berzerk, MERCS, Spin Master, Noboranka, Carnevil, Boogie Wings, Battletoads, Sky Shark, Dr. Micro, Fire Trap, Bump n Jump, Raiden Fighters Jet, Donkey Kong 3, Gun.Smoke, Aliens vs. Predators, Bullfight, Assault, Double Dribble, Qix, Truxton, Phoenix, Shock Troopers, Gyruss, Rolling Thunder, Pac-Man, Bubbles, Teeter Torture, Yie Ar Kung Fu, Liquid Kids.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb23 View Post
    ROMs aren't a problem. Just PM me a couple days in advance, since I don't check the site every day, and I can put it up.

I've rather lost track of the played games list...I'll try and update that and post it so you know what not to pick

Jump Coaster, Rampart, Jungler, Ninja Emaki, Port Man, Psycho Soldier, Metamoqester, Gunbarich, Sengoku (series), Snacks'n Jackson, Metro-Cross, Moon Shuttle, The Real Ghostbusters, Moonwalker, Black Widow, Kid Niki, Joust 2, Super Contra, Shoot-Out, Raiden, Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Dead Connection, Gate of Doom, The Outfoxies, Popeye, Baseball Stars 2, Intrepid, 1943, Super Pac-Man, Samurai Shodown II, Berzerk, MERCS, Spin Master, Noboranka, Carnevil, Boogie Wings, Battletoads, Sky Shark, Dr. Micro, Fire Trap, Bump n Jump, Raiden Fighters Jet, Donkey Kong 3, Gun.Smoke, Aliens vs. Predators, Bullfight, Assault, Double Dribble, Qix, Truxton, Phoenix, Shock Troopers, Gyruss, Rolling Thunder, Pac-Man, Bubbles, Teeter Torture, Yie Ar Kung Fu, Liquid Kids.
    Okay that's fairly easy.. I think I can go with the games I play the most on my MAME and go from there. I'll try and put the game up either Sunday or Monday, with a little write-up based on my experiences with the game.

There are several that spring to mind immediately, some predecessors and classic games that were not reviewed for whatever reason... I can go with those.
    Last edited by Rendclaw; 08-12-2010 at 04:40 AM.

Confessions Of An Arcade Addict Podcast, host, executive producer. http://www.anchor.fm/coaa

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

That sounds great. Thanks for stepping forward. It will be a great help, and keep things going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb23 View Post
    That sounds great. Thanks for stepping forward. It will be a great help, and keep things going.
    And of course I forget to do it.... no worries, I'm on the case.