When we talk about games with a love/hate relationship among players, titles like Earthworm Jim, Boogerman and Bubsy are bound to come up. You have a cult-following of sorts with these titles- a dedicated fanbase of players whom pray for the triumphant return of these franchises to the modern consoles. Then, there are critics and basic haters who slam the game whenever given the chance.

Today, I want to discuss games that receive only pure hatred among the general populace. Games that <b> NOBODY </b> in the entire universe, set aside maybe 5-10 persons, actually enjoy to an extent.

For me, the only game that's coming to my mind is Widget for the NES. It's branded as a terrible game, especially by the once popular Armake21/Nicotine Alien and of course his silly little followers who don't even give the games reviewed a chance. It's been considered cheap, difficult and to have grating music. I say "How can anybody think like that?". Indeed, it's got its problems- and it does feel a bit dated for the NES, but it's not bad either. Atlus was inspired in the process of making the game- they knew what direction they wanted to go with the game. They chose the route of a Megaman/Metroid hybrid, and added the main character (from the original show)'s unique power to transform. To add a bit more depth, you can even upgrade the weaponry and magic power (for transformations) for a less rigorous task. My only aggravation is that the transformations are underutilized. You will only ever need these powers for a few spots, and in some cases not at all if you're not shooting for the upgrades. In any case, it should be nowhere near the worst of the NES. I'd place it a little bit higher than an average NES game, since it is a fun little experience but also is ridden with a handful of shortcomings.