Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project Natal target price....$150?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by FxMercenary View Post
    Ive seen PC Webcams that cost more than $150.00. Anyone that thinks this is going to be less than $150.00 is batshit crazy. MS Has to pay for the hardware, the R&D, the production, the shipping, the marketing. Just like oil and cigarettes, these costs are passed on to the consumer.
    Then it's just a dumb idea by Microsoft. 32X all over again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

For everyone to get excited....four games announced today
    32X here we come

"It’s not about reinventing the wheel, it’s about no wheel at all. That’s what Microsoft is trying to do this generation by introducing Project Natal. Los Angeles Times has revealed a new list of games that they were able to play with Project Natal, and a short description of them. LA Times also confirms that Microsoft will be showcasing over a dozen more Natal-licensed titles from other game developers this Monday and Tuesday

River Rush: What Shaun White would want in real-life river rafting, players instead can indulge in the vicarious thrill on their living room rug. Steering a virtual raft past waterfalls, rocks and other obstacles requires lots of jumping and leaning. The graphics are similar to what you’d find in snowboarding games, with giant visual cues telling players where they can go so they won’t get lost. The mini-game is designed to encourage anyone to jump in and play without having to read a manual.

Ricochet: Prepare to break a sweat. Players use their arms, legs, feet and head to block a frantic barrage of soccer-sized balls. Microsoft showed an early version of this game during last year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo. The latest iteration lets two people play simultaneously. Using facial recognition software, the camera checks who is playing and pulls up their personal avatars on the screen. The feature would, for example, let parents control which games their kids can play. If the console sees that the person playing is associated with a profile with parental controls, it will restrict the types of games that can be played.

Living Statue: One small step for Xbox, one giant leap for Microsoft’s social media strategy. This game lets players record their avatars dancing and singing karaoke-style, then e-mail the video masterpiece to their friends. The company has long nurtured its ambitions for its Xbox Live online game service, which has 23 million active users, to become a virtual watering hole for people who play video games. Living Statue is the latest attempt to encourage its players to check into Xbox Live and make friends.

Obstacle Course: This imaginatively named title is exactly what it suggests. Players pull, dodge and jump their way through a series of levels resembling what you would find at summer camp, sans the mosquitoes. "
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Is the Natal configurable with existing games?
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Quote Originally Posted by Greg2600 View Post
    Is the Natal configurable with existing games?
    From what I hear, no. This is what make Natal less desirable for me. I knew from what I heard from the beginning that it was going to be a device that makes the 360 like an "advanced Wii". So far I have not seen a single thing that makes me interested about this product.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Well that would suck, yes. They should have made it configurable so you could map controls like any other controller.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    From what I hear, no. This is what make Natal less desirable for me. I knew from what I heard from the beginning that it was going to be a device that makes the 360 like an "advanced Wii". So far I have not seen a single thing that makes me interested about this product.
    They can certainly do patches for existing games just like Sony is talking about doing with the Move. Not sure when or if they will, but it is certainly possible.