Thread: Deadly Premonition! The WTF of the Year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    For those on the fence...this is Amazon's DOTD. $14.99 today (Wednesday) only.
    This really ticked me off, since I purchased it yesterday for $20 at GameStop!

But on the bright side, it's so corny, that I found myself liking it. It reminded me a bit of another game...Illbleed. Not that they are similar, because they are not, just the..."campiness".
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

I picked this game up after getting a pretty good deal for a 360, hell this is one of the main reasons I wanted to get a 360 and I was looking for any excuse to get one to play it. So far I'm enjoying the hell out of it and was well worth the price of admission.

I don't understand a lot of the complaints I've seen about the game, from it having "horrible graphics", to the controls completely sucking, I just don't see it at all. The controls are rather good when compares to other survival horror games and hell you can even strife while aiming, something not even the more recent Resident Evil games let you do. The graphics are decent enough, it's lacking that certain polish we've gotten use to, but they aren't nearly as bad as people try to say they are. Of course the story is pretty damn interesting and the characters are extremely colorful, this game is as charming as it is bizarre and is becoming one of my favorite games of this generation.

Only complaint I agree with is that the driving is a bit wonky, but since you have more than enough time to get to your main objective, you can pretty much slam into everything while exploring the town without feeling rushed. Besides that, it's extremely well made for a budget title and has more thought put into it than majority of the games released this generation.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

I suck so badly at the combat I have to play it on easy. Great story though.