Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft 2

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haa Starcraft... THE rts that makes all other RTSs obsolete =) On a competitive level at least!

Been playing the beta for a few months... the game is awesome. I just hope that they integrate chat rooms back into b.net 2.0.

This game already has more tournaments and competitive scene on a beta than most games have with their final product!
    Last edited by b0ub0u; 07-21-2010 at 01:06 PM.
    From the Alpha... to the Omega

Insert Coin (Level 0) ambriglia's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b0ub0u View Post
    Haa Starcraft... THE rts that makes all other RTSs obsolete =) On a competitive level at least!

Been playing the beta for a few months... the game is awesome. I just hope that they integrate chat rooms back into b.net 2.0.

This game already has more tournaments and competitive scene on a beta than most games have with their final product!
    Wow, people are already playing the game competitively?! i am seriously wayyyy behind the 8 ball.
    Game on.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ambriglia View Post
    Wow, people are already playing the game competitively?! i am seriously wayyyy behind the 8 ball.
    Yup! There are already great players (mostly non-koreans for now) that are getting visibility on tournaments on SC2.

Go on youtube and check any games from White-RA, The Little One, Idra etc... you will be amazed at the level they play =) And most of these tournaments have money prize in the thousands $ already! Most of these players were already great players in SC1 but some are new.

I can't wait to see what will happen when the Korean scene begin their shift toward SC2. They are still pretty hardcore on SC1 with all their players focusing on SC1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, it's out today...and it looks like Amazon screwed me with Release Date Shipping again. Not doing that again, after they burned me on Modern Warfare 2 as well.

Anyone played the game yet? I played the beta, but am looking forward to the campaign almost more than the actual multiplayer.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hit up my local GS and snagged my CE copy. There was about 15 or so people that showed up. I also got screwed out of the CE guide that I had pre-ordered. The guy who rang it up didn't hand it to me when I pre-paid the remaining balance on it and left it on the back counter. Another customer came in and saw it and tried to buy it. A different employee had almost sold it to him until the guy who rang me out saw it get picked up off the back counter and pointed out I'd already paid for it.

I got home and was messing with the tutorials when my cousin started instant messaging me. He hadn't planned on picking up the game because Blizzard announced a while back that Wings of Liberty was the first of 3 parts to SCII and felt that Blizzard was being disingenuous with their marketing of the game. I gave him the laundry list of details about the game and CE package and he apparently had a change of heart and decided he wanted the game after all.

I ended up getting dressed and went back out with him to hit up the local Wally Worlds to see if we could snag a copy. He of course wanted the CE like I had and we figured we might have a hard time hunting one down but we struck gold at the first Wal-Mart we tried (we credited the fact that a full moon was out ). I came back home and fell asleep so I still have to finish the tutorial.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

I may get this eventually, but $60 is a bit steep for 1/3 of the game. Hopefully it will go on sale in a few months and by then I'll be ready for it.
    --- www.AtariProtos.com ---
    All Your Prototypes Are Belong To Us!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpman View Post
    Well, it's out today...and it looks like Amazon screwed me with Release Date Shipping again. Not doing that again, after they burned me on Modern Warfare 2 as well..
    Damn, I ordered my copy yesterday from Amazon with Release Date Shipping and it's out on the truck for delivery. Sorry bro.

Will be playing single tonight unless my friend wants to dive into multi so we can have our neverending wars of mediocrity.

ooooOOOOHHH RUSTY!!! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FxMercenary
    PSN
    Gronkus

Just opened up my CE right now from Amazon. Patching my Soundblaster X-Fi card right now then its go-time!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah $60 is a bit steep but I'll likely pick it up this week or next.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/Starcraft-II-W...0289461&sr=8-1

I find this startling, that the game has received criticism this stratified. I know, it is just amazon critics (and theres no way anyone can just criticize a game after 1 day of playing) but you would assume with a series as massively popular as SC that the "fanboys" would trump the haters.

On another note, what do people that have a computer that can run SC think?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Hari Seldon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jisho23 View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Starcraft-II-W...0289461&sr=8-1

I find this startling, that the game has received criticism this stratified. I know, it is just amazon critics (and theres no way anyone can just criticize a game after 1 day of playing) but you would assume with a series as massively popular as SC that the "fanboys" would trump the haters.

There is no way this game is gonna live up to the hype. Expect a mix of really good / really bad user reviews and the usual from IGN, Gamespy, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hari Seldon View Post
    There is no way this game is gonna live up to the hype. Expect a mix of really good / really bad user reviews and the usual from IGN, Gamespy, etc.
    Most people are ragging on it for the shitty DRM, the problems install due to it, no Lan Play, having to be online to play any mode and the fact that they are selling this game 3x over to to cover the campaign. Im afraid I am missing out on a pretty good game here, but Im not buying due to most of those factors. Unlike others on the internet Im not writing bad reviews due to that.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by Jisho23 View Post
    The game is Starcraft. It's fun, prettier and the story is more immersive. I can't imagine not having a machine that can't run this. My 2 year old midtier gaming machine runs it with all the settings jacked to the max with 60fps.

I will probably not pick up the next two packs unless they are <$30. Even then, it'll be a tough decision.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most of those 1 star reviews are people that don't even own it. They all have the same complaints: no lan waahhhh, I can't pirate it easily wahhh, $60 is too much wahhh. Lets be realistic, at those old SC lan parties maybe one person had an official copy of the game and everyone else had a burned disc.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys.

PM me if you want to play some games. We can add each other as friends in the game.

I play pretty much everyday and will be playing for the next few years lol

Looking forward to some 1vs1 or whatever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    The game is Starcraft. It's fun, prettier and the story is more immersive. I can't imagine not having a machine that can't run this. My 2 year old midtier gaming machine runs it with all the settings jacked to the max with 60fps.

I will probably not pick up the next two packs unless they are <$30. Even then, it'll be a tough decision.
    Yeah, I have a 5 year old laptop. It was a high performance laptop back then, but it's really feeling its age now. It could run SCII, but I'd prefer to play on settings higher than "crappy."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CDiablo View Post
    Most people are ragging on it for the shitty DRM, the problems install due to it, no Lan Play, having to be online to play any mode and the fact that they are selling this game 3x over to to cover the campaign. Im afraid I am missing out on a pretty good game here, but Im not buying due to most of those factors. Unlike others on the internet Im not writing bad reviews due to that.
    Yep, those are all good reasons. No LAN play is a big WTF.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've heard a lot of people really vigorously attack the "no lan" criticism of the game. Let me put it this way; I played SC multiplayer ONLY over a LAN. I was terrible at it, but my best memories of the game was getting my ass kicked by friends who were only a few feet away from me.

I'm sure I am not the only person who would rather be on a closed network, gaming with people (in person) you know, and NOT dealing with the jackasses that populate the internet or the humorless competitive players who will ruthlessly stomp newer players.

No lan IS a big deal. Its enough of a deal breaker that I have literally NO desire to play this game. It comes off (regardless of intention) that Blizzard wants to force everyone to play their game using ONLY their service and have no alternatives. Frankly, because of crap like this, Activision-Blizzard is the number one reason I am growing to despise gaming.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It will be sad (I don't play Starcraft) because at the college's game room there's a big LAN room and I know some of my friends are pissed because the game has no LAN.

It will be popular but honestly it blows that there's no LAN.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Hari Seldon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Still trying to download the fucking client here, I get a lot of download not authorized errors.