OK here we go!
You're already aware of video gaming's most prestigious event: Classic Gaming Expo. A place where you can mingle with the legends of yesteryear, find that out-of-print game you've always wanted, play classic arcade and console systems from your youth, stroll through an unbelievable museum of rare and unusual vintage gaming items, and generally relax in an atmosphere that is decidedly retro. There is only ONE Classic Gaming Expo.
The trouble is, it's far away. And times are tough. And there are other more pressing things to spend our hard-earned cash on. Well... how about if you could enjoy everything there is to enjoy at Classic Gaming Expo for just ten dollars?
That's right. $10.
We are now opening the gates to a very special contest where fifty "players" go in, and one comes out. That one goes to Las Vegas for Classic Gaming Expo with no additional out-of-pocket expenses:
- The entry fee of $10 x 50 entrants will cover the cost of air fare and the hotel for Friday and Saturday night (August 8th and 9th). Any additional money for plane and room fare is YOURS to spend.
- You will receive a free weekend pass to the show.
- You will receive $100 of "spending money" at the Expo. Buy that game of your dreams!
- Here's perhaps the best part. On Friday night before the show, CGE Services hosts an "alumni dinner", where the very gaming legends who will be on hand for keynote speeches throughout the weekend gather for a special gathering. YOU will be at that dinner. The meal is free but most importantly, you'll be rubbing elbows with this year's alumni. Trust me, this is worth way more than any dollar value.
That's right. $10.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO.
1. The first 50 entrants who are PAID IN FULL qualify. Only ONE entry per family, please.
2. You must be a forum member - new or old - to qualify. Payments from unidentified parties will be immediately returned (it might be a good idea to post here that you're IN once your payment is sent).
3. PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org is accepted. You CAN send a money order but this could harm your chances should the entries fill up quickly. See item #1 above.
4. A list of members whos payment has been received will follow in the next post so you can keep track of who's in.
5. The contest ends at 11:59pm EDT on Sunday, June 29th. If the list fills before then, we'll move the drawing up to an earlier date (watch this thread).
6. The drawing will be webcam-displayed soon after the contest closes, with all names clearly shown and the drawing done publicly.
7. If you already have plane tickets or hotel fare, we will re-imburse your costs. Thus, if you're "already going to CGE", you are still qualified to play.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE HERE!