Thread: Your Most Memorable Moment In Gaming?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sabz5150

I beat Sonic 2 before a crowd in Circuit City the day it came out.

My dad's words: "I *was* gonna buy that for you."
    Wants:
    Starflight Starmap and Code Wheel
    Starflight II Starmap
    Got these for sale or trade? PM ME!!!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Another one...

These are great to read...
    Another moment for myself that I forgot about was the day I beat ToeJam & Earl on Sega Genesis. When you finally got back to their home planet and got to walk around it...it was so satisfying. I don't know about anyone else, but I loved that game.

CHECK OUT MY BLOG
    Last edited by Berserker; 10-29-2009 at 10:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

- Not having a huge library of NES games of my own, but I swear I had 1 or 2 rentals out for the entire duration of me owning a NES.

- Super NES received for christmas and playing Super Mario World until I just couldn't any longer.

- Playing Super Mario 64 for the first time on a display unit months before getting my own 64 and Mario that Christmas and playing until sunrise the next day.

- Goldeneye 64 and the countless hours spent in single player, multiplayer, unlocking cheats and just generally mucking about in this game with goodies like paintball mode and unlimited ammo.

- Zelda OoT. Everything about the game, from the feeling of opening it and seeing the gold cartridge, intro, cheery Kokiri Village music while just roaming around town, obtaining the first sword and shield, and being totally creeped out by the Skulltula in the Deku Tree. This game totally consumed me until Ganon fell. Still don't like the Water Temple to this day.

- Numerous other 64 titles that I lost many hours to, including Banjo Kazooie, Rush, Rush 2, Bomberman 64, Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, Tony Hawk 2 to name a few.

- Spending my entire Christmas vacation playing my newly received Gamecube with the likes of Smash Melee, Tony Hawk 3, Dave Mirra BMX 2 and The Simpsons: Road Rage.

- Buying a PS2 and GTA III, the first console and game bought with my own money and not as a gift or with gifted money.

- Renting GTA: SA from blockbuster and never returning it.

- Playing GTA: SA for every waking moment for the three days that followed said rental until completed.

- Finishing ICO on nothing but Tylenol 4 and Gatorade after having my wisdom teeth yanked.

- Saving up for a month to buy my 360 and then not being able to find a Premium version for another 2 or 3 weeks, but then spending all day playing Marble Blast Ultra. Yep, $500 spent on a new console and the first thing I play is this.

- Oblivion. I had never played a game with a scope as big as this one. Stepping out of the sewers for the first time and my jaw hit the floor.

- The hype I felt when Saints Row gameplay was shown, and playing the demo religiously daily for a solid month before the game shipped.

- Grand Theft Auto IV and nearly everything to do with the game BEFORE it launched. Hype, sleepless nights, overanalyzing trailers and screens, going to my first midnight launch and playing the game for the first time... After finishing it twice I would come to personally prefer San Andreas but this is still a very good game and will never forget the effect it had on me.

#1 gaming moment? I would give a nod to the third on my list, playing Mario 64 for the first time. Still one of the most magical, memorable moments in my life.
    Last edited by Nesmaster; 10-28-2009 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Most memorable? Probably beating Pitfall II for the first time (we're talking 1984 or so). It was one of the few 2600 games I owned that actually was able to beat.

Most of my current memorable moments revolve around online multiplayer or co-op sessions with friends. COD, Battlefield, Halo, Rainbow Six...just too many to list.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My many amazing sticks in Halo 2. I just wish they had replay saving like they do in Halo 3...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One of my most memorable moments happened earlier this year in Halo 3. I was playing online in a 4v4 game and when the score was 12-10 my entire team quit, leaving me to play 1v4. The game was close for awhile but in the end I won like 43-35 or something like that. I absolutely saved that film
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.