Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Gaming Classic 2010 3/26-3/28 THIS WEEKEND!!!

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's about half of the stuff I will be bringing to the 2010 MWGC:

Games, boxed systems, and loose systems. Lots of work left to do before Friday rolls around...Speaking of which:

BADGE SIGN UP ENDS AT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!!!

I'll be printing and putting them together tomorrow. Please post in the separate badge thread if you would like one, and pick it up at my booth in the vendor area before or during the show. See you all there.

Rich
    Last edited by Goodwill Hunter; 03-21-2010 at 03:08 PM.
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Crazy Climber's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Rich
    I will take a badge if possible? I know I don't post here a lot but it would help me recognize the people I do know. Thanks

BTW - Not sure if you remember me but I scored a boxed Indiana Jones and the infernal machine (N64) from you last year, looking forward to seeing your stuff this year. Still kicking myself for passing on your CIB Nomad, ending up paying a lot more for one down the road.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Make sure to bring broken stuff by the Ben Heck Experience. Last year we fixed a few things, RROD 360 and maybe a TurboDUO, and this year we will have some extra parts for more repairs. I have some fuses for sega cd's and some replacement screens for Nomads, and I think someone will have parts for composite/rgb/s-video/whatever a/v mod you are looking for.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wallydawg View Post
    Make sure to bring broken stuff by the Ben Heck Experience. Last year we fixed a few things, RROD 360 and maybe a TurboDUO, and this year we will have some extra parts for more repairs. I have some fuses for sega cd's and some replacement screens for Nomads, and I think someone will have parts for composite/rgb/s-video/whatever a/v mod you are looking for.
    Any chance of fixing Game Gear screens that take forever to show anything due to the ghosting?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Climber View Post
    Hey Rich
    I will take a badge if possible? I know I don't post here a lot but it would help me recognize the people I do know. Thanks

BTW - Not sure if you remember me but I scored a boxed Indiana Jones and the infernal machine (N64) from you last year, looking forward to seeing your stuff this year. Still kicking myself for passing on your CIB Nomad, ending up paying a lot more for one down the road.
    Sure...just add a post to the badge thread, and that will make easy for me to keep everything together. And yes, I remember discussing the Nomad with you...I think I still have it, but it sounds like I'll have to find a different buyer this year...see you there.

Rich

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Apparently i'm bringing some of my dev equipment to show off at the Ben Heck Experiance... Wonder if you guys can take a look at my hand built Sega Saturn prototype that doesn't read discs?

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Can you fix a Wii? Mine suddenly won't turn on anymore.

I also have a RROD 360. I tried to do the "washer fix" (or whatever it's called) and it worked for about a minute before crapping out again.
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@WallyDawg: Would you have a PSP charger on hand? I have one with a busted door that I got for free, and it would be nice to see if I could get it fixed/working. I have a replacement door, but haven't bothered to pick up a charger yet, in case the thing is just plain shot.
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Unleaded Logic View Post
    Any chance of fixing Game Gear screens that take forever to show anything due to the ghosting?
    It might be a cap problem or just a bad screen. Someone might have a spare screen from a dead unit so bring it on by.

Quote Originally Posted by ProgrammingAce View Post
    Apparently i'm bringing some of my dev equipment to show off at the Ben Heck Experiance... Wonder if you guys can take a look at my hand built Sega Saturn prototype that doesn't read discs?
    Did it ever read discs? Sounds cool either way weather someone could fix it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Of The Felines View Post
    Can you fix a Wii? Mine suddenly won't turn on anymore.

I also have a RROD 360. I tried to do the "washer fix" (or whatever it's called) and it worked for about a minute before crapping out again.
    Wii "not turning on anymore" being a broad description but I'm sure someone has done Wii mods and fixes so bring it on by.

For 360, Gabe (benheck username G-Force) was fixing them last year. I do not know what he did to fix it, but he will be there this year.

Quote Originally Posted by slapdash View Post
    @WallyDawg: Would you have a PSP charger on hand? I have one with a busted door that I got for free, and it would be nice to see if I could get it fixed/working. I have a replacement door, but haven't bothered to pick up a charger yet, in case the thing is just plain shot.
    Yeah I have a charger and I will probably buy a game up there too if you need to test it further.

For anything broken, just bring it on by and we can take a look and hopefully fix it. No promises as it depends on what is wrong/what happened to it and what parts we have, but since it's already broken so you got nothing to lose to have somebody take a look at it and hope for the best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

wallydawg, what's the typical rate to repair a RRoD'd 360? I've got one that I believe (if memory serves) the "e74" or "e75" issue with the first 360 I owned. Microsoft wouldn't repair it as the previous owner had the case spray painted and the warranty stick wasn't put back on.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Really?? That's so cool... I have a TurboDuo that needs an A/V port repair, and an X'Eye I'm considering getting an S-video mod for. Would I need to bring parts? Are you charging for the repairs?
    [SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.retroreviewproject.com"]The Retro Review Project[/URL][/SIZE]

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwill Hunter View Post
    Here's about half of the stuff I will be bringing to the 2010 MWGC:

Games, boxed systems, and loose systems. Lots of work left to do before Friday rolls around...Speaking of which:

BADGE SIGN UP ENDS AT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!!!

I'll be printing and putting them together tomorrow. Please post in the separate badge thread if you would like one, and pick it up at my booth in the vendor area before or during the show. See you all there.

Rich
    Man, I am such a sucker for boxed systems... You can be sure I will be taking a close look at the Coleco and 7800. I've been meaning to get into pre-NES stuff. (Well, sort of pre-NES in the 7800.)
    [SIZE="4"][URL="http://www.retroreviewproject.com"]The Retro Review Project[/URL][/SIZE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Will you have the hookups for a 360, or should I include a power supply, av cable and controller if I want a 360 looked at? I have a Halo edition Xbox360 with a single red light "73" error. It seems the 3-year warranty only covers 3 red lights or a "74" error...this thing is just as much a brick for me however, and it would be great if someone could take a look at it.

Thanks,
    Rich

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just in case any of you Benheck forum guys would be interested in it, I will be bringing my 8bitdomain 2600 4switch s-vid mod with me to MGC to sell. I took it out of my 2600 when I swapped to the LE mod awhile back. Maybe one of you guys can tinker with it and make something good out of it . I'm also going to have a nice 7800 on hand for sale that I don't expect to keep very long on account of the fact that it's one of the few 7800s I've seen with a bezel that isn't completely demolished.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    her partially exposed butthole offends my christian sensibilities yet makes me want to play jet force gemini

<skaar> Let's triforce our dicks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gatchaman17

Anyone interested at the ben heck area with actually purchasing items with problems for a low rate?

Also there's this old video port i have questions on adapting on an old TV. Any experts with old video stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you didn't sign up for a badge, but had indicated in this thread that you would be going to the 2010 MWGC, before midnight on 3/21/10, I went ahead and added your name to the badge list. Check the final badge list in the first post of the badge thread, and track me down at my vendor booth before or during the show if interested.

Rich

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VGKYOURMOM

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    Anyone bringing any NES protos or arcade games?

I just have a Star Trek the Next Generation prototype with a prototype manual. I wasn't planning on bringing it, but I'll throw it in anyway. As for cabs I have 22 right now that I plan on bringing.

Wizard of Wor
    Tempest
    Jr. Pac Man
    Ms. Pac Man
    Shinobi
    Dig Dug
    Pengo
    Galaga
    Gorf
    Neo Geo
    Fast Ms. Pac Man
    Punch-out
    Make Trax
    Mega Touch XL
    Toobin
    Smash TV
    Donkey Kong Cocktail
    Dunk Shot 4 player Basketball
    Krazy Bowl

Comet Pinball
    Grand Lizard Pinball

Other possibilities if I get them working in time and they fit on the truck
    Timber
    Asteroids Deluxe
    Root Beer Tapper
    Tron

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Quote Originally Posted by dave2236 View Post
    Punch-out
    Smash TV
    Root Beer Tapper
    Tron
    Whelp, there goes my weekend.
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please Tell me, Bill Paxton Pinball, will be with ben heck

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

If Bill Paxton Pinball is at MGC, my friend getting married can officially go to hell.