Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Worthless Items in Your Collection?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Your Favorite Worthless Items in Your Collection?

Does anyone have worthless items in their game collection that they really cherish? I'm not really talking about games or systems....

For myself, I have several old Funcoland pricelists that are all worn and marked, and a couple pamphlets from when I got Sega Channel back in the day. Both wouldn't fetch any money on ebay or elsewhere, but both have a lot of sentimental value to me and all the memories associated with frequenting Funcoland in the SNES/Genesis days, and staying up past midnight on school nights to see what new Sega Channel games came online.

Strawberry (Level 2) sebastiankirchoff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    NoSleepTillMnhtn
    Steam
    laserdiscfan

I know its a game, but Gameday 2000 is a game that came with my PS1 when I bought it back in 99. Its pretty much trash, and I never played it since I hated sports games since the beginning of my gaming life, but I still keep it because it came with my first game console I ever got (I played PC before that).

I also have a ton of posters that came with NES games that are probably worthless, but I am planning on hanging them up on my wall one day.
    500th Post! December ?, 2010

Movies in Theatres I Have Last Seen
    Fair Game: 4/5
    Fighter, The: 4.5/5
    Tamara Drewe: 4/5

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I just found my original Shining Force manual in a box at my mom's house. It's missing the cover, half the pages, been written on and obviously well loved. I gave it a good home by slipping it behind the newer manual in my current copy of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My complete game.com collection?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

75% of my n64 games barely have any value at all, however their is a soft spot in my heart for n64, ahhhhh the memories of sitting down and playing great games on the n64, as a matter of fact, im going to go play it right now

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

A couple of really old video game magazines I own.

One of them is a magazine that I bought of the Playstation Magazine(not Official PSM.) I ended up picking one up and it was literally the best gaming magazine I've read. My friend got a subscription to it after I bought it so I ended up reading his, but have always kept that one I picked up.

The other magazines are some really old Nintendo magazines. They're not Nintendo Power and I currently can't remember the names of them(but I never saw again after the second one I bought.) However these had a ton of content. I only own two of them and can't remember which magazine has which games, but they both had reviews and guides of Castlevania 2, Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom, Gilligan's Island, and a couple others. One thing these magazines had that I really wanted once seeing and to this very day the game has remained unreleased was a Magic of Scheherezade 2 ad(and it actually had a few pictures.)
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Maximo is one of the least valuable PS2 discs, but it's my favorite game for the system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A slightly crushed box for Golgo 13 Top Secret Episode. Bought it new back in '88 or '89 when I was 12 and it was the first game I ever bought with my own money. Besides some 2600 carts, it's one of the only game items I still own that I had as a kid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    Lol, My R Zone stuff. I know I couldn't get any money for it but like the Game.com I enjoy showing people the other side to portable gaming.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I doubt I still have them today but for many years, I hung onto several pieces of paper containing passwords that my brother and sister had written down for various NES games such as Goonies II, River City Ransom, Mega Man 2, Faxanadu, Metal Gear and Castlevania II.

Neither my brother or sister really wrote down how far they had made it into a game with a particular password, since they would just reenter it and resume play where they left off. They'd then write the following password right under the previous one. For some games, one of them or the other might have four or five passwords recorded, depending on how many play sessions it took them to get through that game.

For some strange reason, I always found it fun to enter one of their random passwords from a game on the list and see what point it would take me to in that particular game. Just to see how far they had gotten that time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    JCinc421

I'm going to go with my original nintendo guide for Final Fantasy III. Yea, I know it usually has some value but mine is nearly in half.
    Back cover is missing...all pages are significantly worn. And the first and last 15-20 pages are all ripped out of the binding.
    Had it growing up as it was passed down to me from a cousin, I then let many cousins, my brother, etc. borrow it and now it has been reduced to the sad state it is in today. But I still love it!

Strawberry (Level 2) Hitman Tyler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SILENT_CQC

I would say the following:
    My almost complete OPM collection with demo disks.
    Also most likely my PS1 Twisted Metal 2 Game Case. Its Complete ion the sense of just missing the Disk... .. I love that game it is was one of the many games me and my brother played together. The others he either sold or never played.
    MY 100th POST:
    SUNDAY, AUGUST 31, 2008.... @ 9:41 A.M.

Mount Snakemoore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    probably because you don't have this:

Strawberry (Level 2) Streetball 21's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd have to say

-the one dollar bill EGM sent me a looooong time ago. I kept it, not sure why, maybe cause I'm just weird like that lol -
    -my copy of Excitebike for the NES, my first ever game for the NES after Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't have much in my collection that isn't actual systems or games. I don't collect other stuff like lunch boxes or posters, etc. The only, probably worthless thing that I really like is an old Pong System that I picked up a month or so ago called an "APF TV FUN". I really like it as a conversation piece for my collection.

Insert Coin (Level 0) 123►Genei-Jin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A badly beaten up Famiclone controller (from my 1st Famiclone, the system died and I don't have it anymore) and a "TV games" Famiclone catalog showing tons of early Famicom box art. Then I have an Atari 2600 catalog (a bit worn out) and a bunch of Sega Genesis/CD catalogs and posters. I also have tons of 90's GamePro (spanish version), EGM, GameFan, PSN, NexGen and Nintendo Powah!.

Strawberry (Level 2) Game Freak's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Drawings i made during my childhood, of my video game obsession. For example, i have a drawing of the final boss fight in Yoshis Island, drawings of Charmander and Pikachu, and a depiction of the entire map from Super Mario World (apparently from memory, because it is in my writing journal from 2nd grade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My e-reader stuff. I don't know why I like it so much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Somewhere I have a huge manilla envelope containing all kinds of Dragon Warrior 1 stuff. Maps, books, notes, etc. It was original Nintendo Power and handmade stuff. I was probably 8 or 9 when I made it. LOVED amassing info about that game, way before you could google it.
    Your ad here.

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

I guess my copy of ToeJam and Earl. not the first game I ever bought but one of the few that survived the great purge of '93 (sold it to my half bro and then bought it back years later) and still to this day; one of the best
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.