Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
Battle Arena Toshinden
That game was absolute garbage. It hasn't aged poorly, it's just a piece of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
What about games like:

Tekken
Mario Kart 64
Sonic the Fighters
Mortal Kombat 4
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro the Dragon

Those early 3D games didn't really translate all that well, and some franchises suffered for it. Have you played Mario Kart 64 recently? The game has aged so badly when compared to the rest of the Mario Kart games (except for Mario Kart: Super Circuit, which also aged horribly) that it's borderline unplayable.
I thought Mario Kart 64 sucked to begin with. I never understood why that game was so popular. It controls poorly, most of the tracks are dull, and it's very cheap.

Same goes for most of the games on your list, actually. Tekken was Virtua Fighter's weak cousin. I did like Sonic the Fighters (what a weird mention, it was never popular), but I realized it wasn't really a great game, it's just shallow fun. I never played MK 4, but I thought MK Trilogy was the last one anyone cared about. The first Crash Bandicoot was rather poor and only popular due to marketing (although I did like the third one). I rented Spyro when it first came out and I found it slow and boring.