Thread: Classic Gaming in Columbus Ohio??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Classic Gaming in Columbus Ohio??

Stuck in Columbus this weekend. Does anyone know of any classic gaming related stuff
    ? Thanks in advance..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

There really isn't too much, imo. You can browse the web and hit up various game shops, but there are no deals to be had there. There's a few flea markets, but some of those retailers ask for ridiculously high prices. $50+ for Sega CD games, 10-30 for most common carts...

If you just want to go out, look at stuff and see what's there; then there's a few hours of entertainment to be had. Otherwise... .

I would love for someone to prove me wrong.

Also, would be sweet if someone could point me to a badass shop anywhere east of Columbus.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Probably the best spot in Columbus in just south of town in Grove City, place is called Video Games Express. Although I'm rather ticked at them personally right now, but you'll probably find good deals there (or have them make up BS prices out of thin air...).

North Side of Columbus has a couple "Play It / Trade It" stores, I sti8ll haven't made it into the stores myself, so I don't know how the classic selection is.

My favorite shop is Westpointe Video Games, obviously on the west side of town. Usually has a decent Genesis / SNES selection, and reasonable prices.

There are tons of thrifts around, but they have been video game poor for a couple years now.

As far as east side...it used to be all about Press Start Gaming in Reynoldsburg, but it turned more into a hang out that video game shop last time I was there. It has been a while though since I have been there.
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

in reynoldsburg, you have games on main, i just scored a boxed lynx 1 for 25 dollars there

in pickerington, there is a store called press start games ( i think thats the name) that is run by crazy burt's nephew, so there are a lot of similarities between that store and video games express

in hilliard, there is level one games, a little pricey, but a nice shop, they currently have a ton of famicom games for sale

there are two play-it trade-it stores, one in clintonville near henderson and high, and one off of polaris boulevard just west of polaris mall, they are worth checking out.

you also have several buybacks stores. the one at cleveland ave and rt 161 has a ton of stuff classic and modern to browse through.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you mosey north to Bucyrus, on the main drag is Stickman's videogames. He's got stacks (STACKS) of good condition, complete games from Genesis on up. And a handful of classic stuff like Atari (all systems), Sega CD, Saturn and other stuff. Don't bother if you think you'll score some uber rare stuff as the guy who runs it is savvy enough to toss those on ebay (no one in Bucyrus is gonna pay top dollar for old stuff - they want PS3 and 360 games). But a great place to poke around in none the less.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

*slaps self with trout* Why did I say Reynodsburg for Press Start? Good catch chrisbid, I meant Pickerington.

You also mentioned a couple places I've never heard of too, I may have to make a run sometime. That place in Bucyrus sounds good too, and I can go see the bird killing mural when I'm there.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/2565
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    theCHUDscame

Quote Originally Posted by Sniderman View Post
    If you mosey north to Bucyrus, on the main drag is Stickman's videogames. He's got stacks (STACKS) of good condition, complete games from Genesis on up. And a handful of classic stuff like Atari (all systems), Sega CD, Saturn and other stuff. Don't bother if you think you'll score some uber rare stuff as the guy who runs it is savvy enough to toss those on ebay (no one in Bucyrus is gonna pay top dollar for old stuff - they want PS3 and 360 games). But a great place to poke around in none the less.
    I thought Stickman's was in Shelby...unless there's more than one, in which case: awesome. I still haven't been there, but my cousin who lives in Shelby has told me great things.