Thread: I need a Dynasty Warriors 6 Expert

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Angry I need a Dynasty Warriors 6 Expert

I cannot for the life of me complete the battle of Yi Ling. I am the Shu Forces, and as soon as the fire attack happens, I get my ass handed to me by the forces that come over the water that attack Liu Bei's main camp. They take much more damage off of me then I do of them. What am I doing wrong? This game was a lot of fun until I have failed this mission at the same place 20 times. Please Help! Yes I have checked Game FAQs. No help there.

-GAC-
    #vbender

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

attack then run, let them get close attack run, make sure the musou bar is filled unleash repeat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have not played dw6, but from my experience with the dw series, I can throw some hints.

Make sure you have an item equipped that makes your musou go up faster. Most dw games I play, if you time it correctly, all dudes normally come in groups of 5 (gundam dw was different, so please stop me is dw6 does not do this either), but what I would do, is make sure I had the musou item equipped, then go after the wave of 5 dudes, and within those 5 guys, fight them, and you should have your musou gauge up by now. immediately run to the next set of dudes, hit the musou right in the middle of them, and it will split them up enough to where you can fight less of them at a time. kill them, then for the next wavem rinse and repeat.

I found the trick to huge groups is your first hit on them. either a running move or a musou move does the trick. If you are just running in and then pounding on the attack button, you will get pwned, but if you can split them up, you have less dudes attacking you at once, and it will be easier to grab a powerup that is dropped as well.

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

I know this may be a bit off-topic, but is this one worth picking up? I haven't played a DW game since 4.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by bazariah View Post
    attack then run, let them get close attack run, make sure the musou bar is filled unleash repeat
    It's definitely a timed event. If you take too long, Liu Bei claims all hope is lost and it's game over.
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kaedesdisciple View Post
    I know this may be a bit off-topic, but is this one worth picking up? I haven't played a DW game since 4.
    dw6: i havent played it
    gundam dw: yeah, get it

in gundam dw, the main difference i have seen is the way dudes are grouped. up until gdw, i played up through dw5, and all of the guys would come at me in groups of 5, but in gdw, they come in groups of 10+ or more.

GAC: since it is timed, do you have to take out all of the guys, or just the leader? If it is the leader, I would say try this:

*1st and super important, ensure that you have a musou item on to gain musou super fast.
    do your running move to clear a path, after your running move, if there are still dudes in your way, do a musou in the direction to clear more dudes. with the musou's i have seen up until 6, then you should have just enough room to do another running attack. once you do the next running attack, hit only the amount of dudes needed for another musou, and then right when you get your musou, turn in the direction you want to go and use it right away.
    Basically, all you are doing is clearing a path as fast as possible to get to the boss.
    When you get to the boss, you want a buttload of peons around your fight. as you are fighting the boss, if he starts wailing on your hard, since you didn't destroy all of the dudes and just cleared a path, then you can run away and then hit a couple of the dudes to get your musou up again. then just keep doing that if your health is super low (hit the boss with a musou, ran back and hit 4 or 5 dudes to build up your musou again, rinse and repeat).

You can get through most levels in pretty much any dw game i have played doing it that way. Unless it is part of the actual level, you rarely ever need to even kill peons (in gdw, you actually have to kill some peons to progress through the level, it could be the same way in 6).

Now if you have to take out a certain number of dudes, you can try this:
    similar to the one before, but start with a running attack at the group of dudes. if you have musou, use it right away after the running attack. quickly hit just enough dudes to get your musou and then fire it off. once that musou goes off that time, take some steps back from the fight (steps as in literally just a few steps). you have 6 and i have not played it, so you would know the distance better than me, but back up just enough to do another running attack. rinse and repeat.

If you are unable to hit enough dudes to build up your musou, then do a running attack, back up just enough to do another running attack, and continue until you get musou built up, and then nail em with it.

The thing to build the musou super fast is uber important. The most important item in any dw game (well besides the tiger, because let's face it, tigers are cool).

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks SegaAges. I found someone else with the same problem. What the FAQs don't say is that you should beef up your character in Free Mode before doing this mission. It's one of the last ones I think, so it makes sense. I was wondering why all of a sudden the generals just got ridiculously harder! I am going to try this weekend.

-GAC-
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler View Post
    Thanks SegaAges. I found someone else with the same problem. What the FAQs don't say is that you should beef up your character in Free Mode before doing this mission. It's one of the last ones I think, so it makes sense. I was wondering why all of a sudden the generals just got ridiculously harder! I am going to try this weekend.

-GAC-
    Uh, because it is dw, hehehe.

the latest dw game i played, gundan dw, it is super easy. then all of a sudden you fight some dude named mega gundam or super gundam or something, yeah, seriously the lu bu of gundam dw (sorry to bring back lu bu nightmares, but it is the best comparison i can think of).