Thread: Colecovision owners, I'm in need of help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TheRealist50

Default Colecovision owners, I'm in need of help

well I was browsing through my the local ads on this website when I ran into this.

He says hes not sure if its in working order but it did work 3 years ago and hasn't used it since. It comes with around 19-20 games as you see in the picture...can't make out which games though.

Hes asking $50 firm. is it worth it? I don't know anything about a colecovision so I'm not sure if its worth it.

the thing that bothers me is that, doesn't the colecvision need those overlays on the number pad to know what does what? if it does, they aren't included.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Nightwing's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    NIGHTW1NG
    PSN
    Nightwing007

Some of the games came with overlays,but not all. I'm sure that somewhere on the net you can find the instructions at the least if you want to play with this.

I can't make out all the games,but most of them seem to be the more common ones - Zaxxon,Carnival,Donkey Kong,etc. Miner 2049er' is on the end - the DP value on that is $10 loose. Personally - it might be a decent deal - if you are sure that everything is in working order. That's what I would make sure of first.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$50 is a decent price as long as the console works. If you factor in the carts at a standard $2 each, thats almost $40 bucks right there. Then there might be a rare in the mix. It's one of my favorite systems, so I say go for it. There are some great games in there.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The guy can't just plug it in? I'd go for it if it worked.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

to have a system shipped from egay would cost you around the same price, and 50$ is a good deal for a working system + games without the hassle of egay (plus the extra controlers are nice) ask him if you can test it first or offer 30$ for it as is without testing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TheRealist50

he says he doesn't have an old enough TV to test it out on.
    he either has only plasma screen TVs or something is not right here.

EDIT: Nevermind it was sold this morning. Damnit I'm ALWAYS a day late and a buck short.
    Last edited by TheRealist50; 07-27-2008 at 10:37 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just for future refrence, you can test it on any tv with a coax plug, if you buy a ~2 dollar adapter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealist50 View Post
    EDIT: Nevermind it was sold this morning. Damnit I'm ALWAYS a day late and a buck short.
    You weren't at first.

I tell you, we got two categories of deal makers around here. We got your prime deal makers that get all the hot finds, and we got your pud-knockers who dream about getting the hot finds.*

You gotta dive on stuff like this when a low dollar amount is how it comes out. Think I would have gotten a boxed complete HeartBeat Personal Trainer for $20.00 if I had waited around a day and a half? (for the record, the value is about 4x what's listed in the guide) Even as a parts lot that Colecovision was a great deal. But then it comes to the point of do you really want a Colecovision? Because I assume that if you did you would have bought a complete system with the Super Action Controllers and all those games at a moment's notice rather than be unsure. Colecovisions are picky about having a clean RF signal to the TV, even with a Type-F to RCA adapter (which cost about $5.00 these days rather than $2.00).

*The Right Stuff reference for those who didn't get it.
    Last edited by InsaneDavid; 07-27-2008 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TheRealist50

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    You weren't at first.

I tell you, we got two categories of deal makers around here. We got your prime deal makers that get all the hot finds, and we got your pud-knockers who dream about getting the hot finds.*

You gotta dive on stuff like this when a low dollar amount is how it comes out. Think I would have gotten a boxed complete HeartBeat Personal Trainer for $20.00 if I had waited around a day and a half? (for the record, the value is about 4x what's listed in the guide) Even as a parts lot that Colecovision was a great deal. But then it comes to the point of do you really want a Colecovision? Because I assume that if you did you would have bought a complete system with the Super Action Controllers and all those games at a moment's notice rather than be unsure. Colecovisions are picky about having a clean RF signal to the TV, even with a Type-F to RCA adapter (which cost about $5.00 these days rather than $2.00).

*The Right Stuff reference for those who didn't get it.
    good point, but it said he posted it 13 hours ago when I first found it. I sent an email as soon as I saw it saying I'm interested in it then I made the post here asking if it was a good deal and get an idea if I could/should negotiate a deal or take it at the set price. I sent him the email at 11:30pm so he was possibly asleep by then. then the first thing in the morning I got an email saying he sold it.

A part of me is frustrated but another part isn't for the simple fact that I couldn't have done anything else.

But its ok I'll have to find one eventually...I hope. There are lot of systems I'd love to get but right now the Atari 2600 is on top of that list, can't find one here for any cheaper then 90 bucks, 1 controller and no games.

Just have to be patient...and that is something I'm good at, I have money put aside and everything waiting for that special day.
    Last edited by TheRealist50; 07-27-2008 at 09:25 PM.