Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: apollo justice question(aka pheonix wright)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default apollo justice question(aka pheonix wright)

i just got apollo justice and played halfway through the game and i am enjoying it, when i heard the main character was new i was worried that the game wasnt going to be good and i like how they used pheonix wright in the game as a retired lawer, just want to know what people think about this game, in my opinion this could go far, also does anyone think it would be a good wii title?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Having just finished the game, Apollo is amazing.

Seriously, it's the best Ace Attorney game ever. Wait till you get to the final case.

I would love a Wii version, but I think the team is strictly DS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

As a massive fan of the PW series, I would like to say that AJ not only continues the tradition of awesomeness, but I think this entry in particular is perhaps the most entrancing so far. I'm almost at the end of it, and dammit, I want to finish it TONIGHT... but I've got friggin' homework of which I have to take care. I'll letcha know where I am, but it's quite a SPOILER. ALSO, EVEN MORE SPOILERY COMMENTS (text in black to highlight):

Okay, so... I've just now entered the Mason System, which I jokingly refer to as "The Matrix." This is, without compare, the most bizarre thing in the entire series. Yet somehow, it's not scaring me much. It's actually one of the damn coolest things I've seen, and... well, damn if it doesn't have me interested to all high hell. Too bad about Nick's downfall, if I do say so myself... but if you ask me, it was handled just right. Not too overly painful, but lingering and burning into the soul just enough to make you go "awwwww..."

Y'know something? Payne is probably laughing his ass off right now. How ironic that Nick's major crushing defeat was by a rookie, eh? Though, I think there's something more to Klavier that I'm not being told... I shall find that out eventually. And Zak disappearing on the stand?! My jaw hit the effin' carpet. Of course, it's obvious to all high hell as to whom Zak actually is, and there's not much doubt that Kristoph is behind all of this somehow. A lot of question marks were thrown into the air in the first case alone, but they're about to transform into explanation points and plunge back down on the ground!

And now, back to non-spoilers. I got the impression that this game was not supposed to be as solid as previous installments. Well... I must now say, "Who are the ad wizards that came up with THAT one?" For great Justice, Apollo is a winner who's managing to keep the series as totally awesome as it has been up to now. I'll letcha know what I ultimately think at the game's end, but I know the conclusion is just going to be fantastic. We'll see if it leaves me in joyous tears as did the third game's conclusion.
    Last edited by Sotenga; 02-26-2008 at 10:52 PM.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't see what taking the franchise to the Wii would add. The series is about puzzle solving and good writing and good humor and dramatic moments. Those are accomplished just fine on the DS.

The new game is good. Just like the last three games are good. They're all good. I wouldn't put this one at the top, but of course it's a must-buy for anyone who enjoyed the first three games.

The very ending of the last case let me down a little bit though, and maybe you'll see why when you finish.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Although it arrived Saturday, only just had a chance to start playing it last night. Beaten the first case and although I saw two parts coming (SPOILERS That the missing card got stuffed into a bottle, and that Kristoph was the killer...), it's still a completely hatstand as usual, and a couple of times you need to think carefully (even though it's only case one). It might be a new start, but new players might find it trickier (that and the fact it took over two hours to finish!). I'll give a better assessment after I've beaten the other three cases heh... but if they continue this trend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm enjoying the game, but I'm finding it easier than the others. I'm on case 4, and I've only been stuck twice, which actually involved the perceiving thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by Snapple View Post
    The very ending of the last case let me down a little bit though, and maybe you'll see why when you finish.
    Y'know, that's a complaint that seems to keep occurring. I'll have to lower my expectations in that case.

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Turntablist
    PSN
    DJ_Daishi

yeah, I'm a huge Phoenix Wright fan. You guys also have the check out Harvey Birdman on the psp. It's done by the same team that did Phoenix Wright. It's basically Apollo Justice/Phoenix Wright with a lot more humor.
    -DJ

My EPIC "For Sale" Thread: CLICKY

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

they have harvey birdman on the wii, but i heard the reviews on it sucks, but i think they reason i like pheonix wright is the anime style of the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

I'm VERY close to the game's end. Will the conclusion peter out, or will it end on what I feel to be a satisfying note? We shall see, eh?

Oh, and QUICK SPOILER: Black Psyche-Locks!!! Holy fucking shit!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ignorant fool how dare you not call the game by its ultra cool authientic original japaanese name GYAKUTEN SAIBAN 4 , your not a real fan : (
    Last edited by Richter Belmount; 02-27-2008 at 09:50 PM.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Should I say "Zelda no Densetsu" instead of Legend of Zelda from now on too? Sorry, I play English games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

All the other Phoenix Wright games came down to $20. So will this one eventually. I can wait.

I just hope I don't get ruined by too many spoilers. I already learned about sparda too early.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I beat it last night and it is by far the best of the series...and I LOVED the first three. I really appreciated the last case and thought the plot twists were great. Also, good to see all the little touch screen uses throughout the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Welp, I just beat AJ, and I thought it was a good conclusion. I could see why others were not very fond of it, however, as I do admit it lacks the suspense of the conclusions of the previous games.

MASSIVE SPOILER: However, Kristoph getting owned was delicious, and it really shows Phoenix's cleverness. He knew that he was not going to take down Kristoph through the conventional court means, so the establishment of the Jurist system was vital in this case. It was seven years in the making, but Nick got the last laugh in the end. Though, I will admit that the lack of activity in the final examination against Kristoph did detract some from some of the excitement. I almost hate to admit that, since the story IS what makes this series in my opinion and I can generally overlook the lack of gameplay, but it did somewhat downplay the sense of urgency. However, a theory that I read is that it's all the beginning of something that's going to lead to an eventual climax besting that of Trials and Tribulations. Considering how I broke down and cried at the very end of T&T, I await to see if that turns out to be true.

I may have to give it another play, but at the moment, I'm going to place it between the second and third game in terms of awesomeness. Nothing beats the original, that will still be #1 to me. T&T is second, as it has some of my favorite characters in the series and kept me absolutely captivated from start to finish. I'm going to say that AJ is third, as although I unfortunately admit that it did peter out a bit in the ending, it made up for that by having a great rest of the game. JFA is, comparatively, my least favorite of the series, but this is only comparatively. It's still a damn good game, even if it does drag on a bit until the final case.

Capcom, you're churning out the good stuff here. See if you can make GS5 the best damn one of the series yet!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The reason I was iffy on the ending is because each case is usually capped off with a satisfying moment when you blow everything open by presenting that decisive piece of evidence at exactly the right moment, killing the bad guy's last desperate attempt to get off.

Spoilers herein:
    In the last case of this game, there's literally like ten minutes of text after you present the last piece of evidence before Kristoph goes, "Oh, well you don't have decisive proof." And Klavier is all like, "Oh, that doesn't matter. Jurist system lol." And you don't even have to do anything. Kristoph just loses it, and game over, you win. The ending was way too passive for my liking. I didn't feel like I earned it. Cases shouldn't be decided on emotion anyway.
    End spoilers

But I mean, the game is still great. All PW games are great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by Snapple View Post
    But I mean, the game is still great. All PW games are great.
    Quoted for great justice. I loved this game intensely until the last case, then it just sort of plateaued for me. Maybe I should give it another playthrough for posterity. So far, I've beaten every AA game at least twice.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Yeah I've heard conflicting opinions about the last case and the end... guess I'll see for myself when I reach there...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So, has this game dropped out of sight? For some reason on GameTZ it's listed as 0 available and 52 wanted! Maybe I shouldn't have waited.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tfrank View Post
    i just got apollo justice and played halfway through the game and i am enjoying it, when i heard the main character was new i was worried that the game wasnt going to be good and i like how they used pheonix wright in the game as a retired lawer, just want to know what people think about this game, in my opinion this could go far, also does anyone think it would be a good wii title?
    That's a looooong sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    So, has this game dropped out of sight? For some reason on GameTZ it's listed as 0 available and 52 wanted! Maybe I shouldn't have waited.
    Maybe it's just that good?