Thread: Scoring question on Super Stardust HD...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Scoring question on Super Stardust HD...

Ever since I purchased this game from the Playstation Store on my PS3 I have been absolutely hooked. It has become my favorite shooter rather quickly, and I just can't seem to get enough

I have been playing quite often, trying to get a respectable score on the internet high score table in the various planets, and am wondering about something. Say I play one of the planets in Planet Mode. I can play straight through to the boss and end at four or so million points. This however gets me into 20,000 or so place on the high score table for the given planet. BUT, the people on top of this list are scoring some ridiculous numbers. HOW? I mean, you can only play the planet to the boss and it ends. I do not see at all how such a high score is possible. Does anybody know?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Half Japanese
    PSN
    HalfJapanese

I haven't played the game past the demo (which I enjoyed), but from past experience with Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network titles, your best bet may be YouTube. Of course that should be secondary if the game allows you to view "ghosts" or replays from the top scorers. I know Marble Blast Ultra on the 360 had quite a few ridiculous, normally impossible times that were revealed by YouTube videos to be a steaming pile of horseshit produced by people who weren't playing the game as it was meant to be played. On the other hand, some of Omega Five's seemingly impossible scores (of which there are in-game replays available) turned out to be people that were really fucking good and who took the time to learn levels and chaining techniques that the average player wouldn't invest the time to figure out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good call. I'll check over the youtube vids and see if I can find something. It is just baffling to me...and the only way I can think that this may be accomplished is to "drag out" a level somehow. Maybe NOT kill off the enemies in at the end of the level that forces you to progress. I'll have to do some more investigating. I am pretty good at the game. Not the best mind you (nor do I think I ever will be), but I would be pretty darn happy to get a respectable score pinned up there