Thread: Attack of the vultures!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Attack of the vultures!

Anybody ever hang around a game store after seeing a customer turn down the store's trade-in price? I got another N64 today after this guy brought a duffel bag full of games to my local Game Stop. I'm cool with the guys who work there, so I waited until the guy came out and bought the 64 from him. He had a lot of stuff that was brand new in the bag like Xbox Splinter Cell and PS2 Way of the Samurai, but I had to get the Ikaruga GC I pre-ordered, so I had to pass the rest up. When I got home, there was an expansion pak inside the system. I think he must have forgotten about it, so if I sell the whole thing back or to someone else, I can make the 20 bucks I spent back. This situation was karmic, since I once traded in a 64 and mistakenly left an expansion pak in it...

Another time, a guy was going to trade in 18 complete Genesis games and a Gen 2 in at EB, but when he found out that they would only give him a buck each for the games, he stormed out. I followed him to the parking lot and bought the games and the system for $40. He also offered me a Game Gear and some GG carts, but I was out of cash by then.

The way I see it, this isn't against their store policies because I didn't approach these guys in the stores or steal a sale from the chains. I figure, why let their good stuff sit at a pawn? I'll make a good home for it...

As a side note, both of these guys were trading their stuff in for a PS2, so I gather that casual gamers don't care about good games. They just want what's hot.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gruffbear
    PSN
    gruffbear
    Steam
    gruffbear

Kinda reminds me of when I worked at Toys R Us. There was a period of about a year or so where we would buy back used games. A lady brought in a bag of 18 NES games, a system, 2 controllers, one Max controller, Game Genie, Zapper, the RF and power supply. We were only giving $1 store credit for NES games and did not take hardware, so she looked at me standing to the side and asked if I wanted it. I was thinking up an offer when she pointed the handle of her bag toward me and walked off! I'd sold off my NES and about 30 games a few years before so it was a nice way to get one back.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

what i don't like about toys r us is i seen the guy by me empty 2 boxes of hotwheels to the shelves, he then hand picked out the "treasure" cars and took them in the back. took off his name and apron and bought. then proceeded to go back and put his stuff on and back to work. I don't collect those, but i knoew a few people who do. and i was just going to kightly stab him in the eye with one of those playsckool bowie knifes.
    My life and perception has changed, but my principals are the same.