Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fighting Games - Have these women not heard of bras?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Fighting Games - Have these women not heard of bras?

I'm playing MK - Deadly Alliance and watching Sonya's breasts bouncing around to ridiculous depths. Surely her tight, tight T-shirt would hold them in place? If not why doesn't she strap them down with some tight cloth?

Whip, whip, whip.

This makes Dead of Alive look tame. Silly. Course - the whole MKDA game is pretty bad. I just beat the game on my second try (using Makado and pressing A repeatedly).

Totally unbalanced.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I only play it for the fighting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since I am a boob man. I have no problem with the programmers exaggerating the bounce. No it does not give me a semi, but my friends and I get a good laugh! It's a video game, for entertainment purposes. Fun to be an idiot after a hard days work.
    I have two basic food groups, fast and frozen.

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

You should meet Taki. Protruding nipples in official art for the win.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
    Hell. There's that AND cameltoe in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Casual Collector Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Shotmastarich
    PSN
    Radiantsvgun

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Hell. There's that AND cameltoe in the game.
    Really? I never noticed. Now KOF 94 and 95, heh...
    www.famicomshop.com -best place for famicom stuff. Run by a DP member.
    Radiant's Ongoing Ebay Auctions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

some games need the bouncy breasts . i.e Rumble roses . if it wasnt for them the game would be awful .

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

Bras don't sell.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

women dont wear bras and have horrible camletoe for the same reason almost every guy is shirtless and looks like a chip and dale because sex sells!! I'm not saying that you should get off to it but if it didn't rake a games sells go up DoA would never have sold as many copies as it did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I guess you can blame,SNK for starting the trend with mai in the kof serise

Wich did lead temco doing the same with doa now midway does it with mk !?

isn't it while it's unrealistc i guess it's all about the fanservice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    hwj_chim

I don't mind boobs that bounce in my games. As long as they got the game play right the boobs can bounce all day.
    SEGA!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by ecresto View Post
    some games need the bouncy breasts . i.e Rumble roses . if it wasnt for them the game would be awful .
    Nothing can save that horrid game. Not even rampant T&A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Surely there's something better to whine about than good breast physics.

Strawberry (Level 2) The Great Dane's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
    I have to second Taki. She is sure a nimble ninja character for being as large and bouncy as she is.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dlopez9069 View Post
    women dont wear bras and have horrible camletoe for the same reason almost every guy is shirtless and looks like a chip and dale because sex sells!!
    Maybe if you're playing Golden Axe or something, but most games don't have shirtless guys. There is also a huge percentage of guys in games that aren't attractive at all. I mean, look at how often fighting games (and RPGs and you name it) have playable older men characters, but how many actually have older women? All that I can think of off the top of my head is Power Instinct, but that series also lets you see a little boy's family jewels so nothing normal is going on there. :P Also, it doesn't even have to apply to elderly women. The vast majority of female characters in games that are playable or have a significant role (that is, not random townspeople) cap off at 30. Male character fall into every range up to old and gray. To add insult to injury, games make the higher aged female characters out to be even older than they actually are. Heck, they get a few years into their 20s, and there are jokes of them being "old hags". In Valkyrie Profile, there was actually a playable female character that was in her upper 30s, which was a nice change of pace, but they ruined it by having her portrait, voice, and back story make her out to be much older than she was, as if she was 50 or 60.

Oh, and Xizer, I don't think "good" and "physics" should be placed in the same sentence there. :P You can call them "good breasts" or call it "breast physics," but considering the physics couldn't be farther from reality, there's nothing good or accurate about them.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They would be good physics if gravity's only effect on breasts was to make them bounce.

Apply real world physics to anime and I bet the most popular person in Neo Tokyo/Feudal Japan/wherever would be a chiropractor.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Oh, and Xizer, I don't think "good" and "physics" should be placed in the same sentence there. :P You can call them "good breasts" or call it "breast physics," but considering the physics couldn't be farther from reality, there's nothing good or accurate about them.
    'xactly.

The breasts in MKDA move like they are made of water, not fat and tissue. Real breasts don't bounce that much especially when contained inside a tight T-shirt (which hold them in place).

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I mean, look at how often fighting games (and RPGs and you name it) have playable older men characters, but how many actually have older women? All that I can think of off the top of my head is Power Instinct, but that series also lets you see a little boy's family jewels so nothing normal is going on there. :P Also, it doesn't even have to apply to elderly women. The vast majority of female characters in games that are playable or have a significant role (that is, not random townspeople) cap off at 30. Male character fall into every range up to old and gray.
    As far as the age thing goes, it's true you don't see a lot of older female characters in fighting games, but I think it's semi-common to have extraordinarily young girls (like, 10 and under) in japanese-style fighting games, and you rarely see little boys, so maybe there's some weird correlation there.

Maybe if you're playing Golden Axe or something, but most games don't have shirtless guys. There is also a huge percentage of guys in games that aren't attractive at all.
    Um ... what? Some of these guys from VF4 and Tekken 4 would like to have a word with you ...

... and these are just the first two games that popped into my head when I thought "fighting games". I'm sure there would be more examples out there. Heihachi and Bryan are also shirtless in the Tekken games, but the official site didn't have picture and I didn't feel like wasting my time looking. All but two male characters in Tekken 4 are shirtless, and of the two that aren't, one's a ninja and the other's an army guy (i.e. they kind of need the outfit to fit the role). Please note, also, that everyone, regardless of age or frame, is diamond-cut with six-pack abs looking like they just walked out of the cast party of 300.

Believe me, I definitely agree that women are over-sexualized and portrayed unfairly in videogames. But lets be honest here, it does happen to the men, too. Just as our movie stars tend to be beautiful people, game characters are idealized. That's just the way it is.

Strawberry (Level 2) Wolfrider31's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is an argument there, and it's a simple fact in the history of art that human forms have always been idealized. But, and here's where I disagree with WiseSalesman, the difference is that though the male forms in video games may be idealized they are not sexualized. That's a subtle but telling difference, and its not just about fighting games but games in general. You never see men posing provacatively in games, but for women (especially in fighting games) that's usually their predominent role. And their sexuality is usually a large aspect of the character. Consider B. Orchid's flash finisher in Killer Instinct or Sonya Blade's Kiss of Death in Mortal Kombat. Or the entire cast of Dead or Alive.

I'd actually argue that Virtua Fighter (for the most part) strays from this with female characters that aren't overly sexualized. Most are fully clothed (especially when compared to the men) and when they aren't its generally not for reasons of sexuality (Vanessa is the most underdressed female fighter in VF, and its generally used to highlight her masculinity not femininity).

But it's a big issue in videogames, most female characters are not strong characters but are 2D cutouts with layers of sexuality layered on top. I don't think anyone would argue that Lara Croft is a "feminist" character, and even when you look at Final Fantasy characters like Rikku are almost non-existent beyond their skin.

However characters like Solid Snake (sure big muscley guy with skin tight clothing) may look "idealized" but that's never the crux of their character. As far as the guys you showed that are barely clothed, well yeah, but how many of them are designed to be attractive to females? I'm not sure, but among my female friends I don't think any of them find themselves fantasizing about Lei Fei. However, the hyper busty, thin, waif like, ultra cute female characters of stuff like DoA are definitely designed to be attractive to males.

It's infuriating to me as both a feminist and a prospective game designer who has many female friends and have had to watch some of them attempt to meet these ridiculous ideals that many (not all) males expect of them, with most of those ideals being delivered in media vehicles like television and video games.

Please, please, go get a girlfriend. Our industry will be better for it.

Oh, and while I'm at it, stop idolizing Itagaki. He's just a pervy kid who thinks he's a rockstar. (yeah, he bugs me)
    Order Pier Solar at www.piersolar.com

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrider31 View Post
    Please, please, go get a girlfriend. Our industry will be better for it.

Even if we have one, which I do, I assume that we will still want to watch "perfect" women duking it out on a game system.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.