Thread: Fun N' Games in Wayne NJ Closing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

While in Boston (Framingham, actually) last week I stopped by an arcade named Fun and Games. Is this related, or a coincidence? They weren't huge, but did have Laser Tag as well as several games and Skee Ball.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Holy shit I just heard about this from some guys over at www.the-nextlevel.com/board.

I am fucking STUNNED.
    I used to work up 46 in Fairfield and I'd skip out for long lunches there ALL THE TIME, not to mention drag all my friends to movies there just so I could play some games. It was the closest place around for Air Hockey (I am in Paramus) since Sports World bit it. The 3rd Strike action was AWESOME.

Crap. I had the high score on the Ms. Pac Man cab. I used to go there just to watch people play the fighters, and always drop some money into Drummania or Virtua Tennis or Pinball. I think I'm going to fucking cry.

There's just..nothing left around here. 8 on the Break is a pain in the ass to get to AND it kind of sucks. I feel so empty. What the fuck am I going to do.

PLEASE inform me if anyone finds out if they're relocating. Please.
    Also, the Palisades has some fun Laser Tag for small groups, and some air hockey tables in the waiting room along with some other junk games.
    There's also a GREAT laser tag place WAY up 23 north called Laser One that is HUGE, with two floors, and has unlimited tag from 6-11 on thursday nights.

Palisades tag is 8 bucks but on weekdays you get 4 dollars off if you bring a scorecard.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man and I was going to try to write an article on the competitive fighter scene too. I had talked to a few 3rd strike players, there were some really good ones.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If anyone knows where to contact the former owner I'd like to do an interview with him, and you could save me some phone calls.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Rubentron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I started going to Willowbrook Mall in the early/mid 80s. I had no idea about the closing and found out last month when I showed up for a quickie Japanese lunch at the food court and some arcade action. I was truly upset to see the place closed down. I can't imagine the hours and money I spent in that place over the last 20-something years! Until just last summer it was the place my friends and I would visit whenever they were back in NJ for a visit. Just a shame.