Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most Frustrating Minions In Gaming History

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Minions" got me thinking of Diablo 1. Poison spitters were horrible. Since the maps were randomly generated, they would often hide in narrow corridors. If you turn the wrong corner when there's the elite poison spitter and 10 others, good luck getting your equipment back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse View Post
    How about the little hopping Igor enemies in Castlevania….I hate those freaking things!
    YES those and the damn frogmen in Castlevania they used to make me go freaking BALLISTIC!

Also the Wizrobes in the original NES Zelda plus the like-likes or whatever the hell they are called (im kinda tired right now lol) you know the ones that would steal your freaking SHIELD! oh yea talk about controller throwing anger issues.
    Last edited by sabre2922; 09-24-2007 at 10:42 AM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) theshizzle3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What about those damn Marlboro's from all the Final Fantasy games...damn those things.
    Looking to buy any Criterion movies that I don't already have.

http://cinemalacrum.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The gargoyles in Ghost & Goblins and Ghouls & Ghosts really piss me off.

Yakumo
    Love the world of NTSC-J Sega?
    http://www.segagagadomain.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by PsychedelicShaman View Post
    "Minions" got me thinking of Diablo 1. Poison spitters were horrible. Since the maps were randomly generated, they would often hide in narrow corridors. If you turn the wrong corner when there's the elite poison spitter and 10 others, good luck getting your equipment back.
    If you got Sorc with like 10+ Fireball than youll be alright.
    Burning souls on diablo II expansion are among the worse
    and if you lose your stuff its harder to get back then the first.
    Esp w/ 1 hit kills.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by williewonka2k1 View Post
    How about the Eggplant enemy from Kid Icarus.
    , that's the first enemy that came to mind for me, even before Fleaman and the Medusa Heads from Castlevania.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

playing any of the last opponents on Way of the Warrior for 3DO will make you want to blow your brains out.

I also agree with the Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania enemys mentioned.

Apple (Level 5) Barbarianoutkast85's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Flying Heads in Castlevania. The spikey clam type things, and the helicopter enemy's in DKC3.

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well this may sound a little silly to some, but pretty much any enemy in any Sonic game... especially the ones that pop up from out of the ground just as you're landing there after a jump, or as you're running along at high speed... this applies to the spikes that pop up out of the ground too, but the other ones are more annoying because you're supposed to be able to kill them by jumping on them, but mysteriously, more often than not, jumping on them kills you instead... also the ones that hang from ceilings, or hide in trees, or just fly overhead... they always seem to get you with a cheap potshot more often than you're able to jump up under them and kill them from below... the whole jump-on-it-to-kill-it thing in Sonic games is fucked up... and ditto for the same tactic in Mario games, although it seems to work better for Mario...
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll also have to go with the Eggplant Wizard. I don't think he's THAT hard to kill once you figure out his pattern, but if he hits you, its a major pain in the ass to wander around the level looking for a hospital as a walking eggplant with no attacks. Multiply frustration X100 when theres more then one in the same room with limited space to stand.

He definitely needs to be in SSB Brawl, if not as a playable character then at least an Assist Trophy.
    "It's Time To Kick Ass And Chew Bubble Gum......And I'm All Outta Gum"

-Duke Nukem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Hybreed
    PSN
    Casualfever

Medusa heads and fleamen are just the tip of the iceberg. I'm so filled with rage with nearly every enemy in the early Zelda and Mertoid games (and every enemy in the newer metroids as well) and CV enemies just piss the hell out of me. So a few to mention

-Nova skeletons in strategical places. Remember inverted castle in SotN. I hate those things with a burning passion.
    -Lesser demons. Respawning asses, especially tough to beat if you're less than lvl.40.
    -Spiders from CV II. Enough said.
    -Altairs from every CV they've been in, especially the first CV. I cannot get past the long scene where the damn birds drop fleamen on you. Never.
    -Peeping eyes in AoS and DoS get a honorable mention for their souls sometimes being a pain in the ass to collect. On my first playthrough of DoS, guess who was stuck trying to get the soul for nearly an hour.
    -Bubbles from sonic 3. I hate those spiky flying stoners. With a passion.

I swear I could mention more if my memory would work. Been playing too much CV as of late it seems.
    Dracula: The constant villain of the series. His usual tactics include breaking a number of wine glasses and transforming into his true form.

Great Puma (Level 12) bangtango's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon View Post
    well this may sound a little silly to some, but pretty much any enemy in any Sonic game... especially the ones that pop up from out of the ground just as you're landing there after a jump, or as you're running along at high speed... this applies to the spikes that pop up out of the ground too, but the other ones are more annoying because you're supposed to be able to kill them by jumping on them, but mysteriously, more often than not, jumping on them kills you instead... also the ones that hang from ceilings, or hide in trees, or just fly overhead... they always seem to get you with a cheap potshot more often than you're able to jump up under them and kill them from below... the whole jump-on-it-to-kill-it thing in Sonic games is fucked up... and ditto for the same tactic in Mario games, although it seems to work better for Mario...
    Finally, someone has said it!

Last week in the newest Bubsy thread, there were the usual claims that Bubsy is full of cheap hits and deaths. I replied by saying that problem is no worse in Bubsy than it is in lots of other platform games. Like the 2D Sonic games. It gets to the point where I have to actually sit there for a couple seconds and decide whether or not to jump on an enemy I come across in a Sonic game. Those times I do decide to jump, I usually have 70-80 rings and either I hit an enemy you can't jump on or land in the wrong place on an enemy you can jump on and lose them all. About that time, I come to the portions in a level that you need 50+ rings to be eligible for some sort of bonus. And guess what? I'm out of rings.

I find it funny the game promoted speed above all else when if you run too fast, you either end up taking a lot of hits from enemies, spikes, etc. or you end up blowing by stuff you are supposed to collect. A nice series, a nice character and all but with spiked enemies on the ground and airborne enemies, usually emerging out of nowhere from trees, that fly low to the ground and shoot fireballs at you (sometimes three to a time), a Sonic game has its share of frustrating enemies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Hybreed
    PSN
    Casualfever

Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    Finally, someone has said it!

Last week in the newest Bubsy thread, there were the usual claims that Bubsy is full of cheap hits and deaths. I replied by saying that problem is no worse in Bubsy than it is in lots of other platform games. Like the 2D Sonic games. It gets to the point where I have to actually sit there for a couple seconds and decide whether or not to jump on an enemy I come across in a Sonic game. Those times I do decide to jump, I usually have 70-80 rings and either I hit an enemy you can't jump on or land in the wrong place on an enemy you can jump on and lose them all. About that time, I come to the portions in a level that you need 50+ rings to be eligible for some sort of bonus. And guess what? I'm out of rings.

I find it funny the game promoted speed above all else when if you run too fast, you either end up taking a lot of hits from enemies, spikes, etc. or you end up blowing by stuff you are supposed to collect. A nice series, a nice character and all but with spiked enemies on the ground and airborne enemies, usually emerging out of nowhere from trees, that fly low to the ground and shoot fireballs at you (sometimes three to a time), a Sonic game has its share of frustrating enemies.
    In a lot of sonic games you have to have precise timing. It's really not that hard, especially if you play a lot. Memorizing is also the key when playing, that's why my boyfriend can play most of the sonic games through without dying once. I used to not get past marble zone in sonic 1 until I started memorizing the enemies. The final boss is easy too. Some strategically placed enemies can be a pain in the ass though, like buzzbombers and bubbles in marble garden. I hate those spiked balls too because if you don't remember their locations you'll run into them. In the long run though, I cannot find any enemy that's really frustrating enough to drive you nuts. For beginners though it may be a different story.
    Dracula: The constant villain of the series. His usual tactics include breaking a number of wine glasses and transforming into his true form.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

birds in any ninja gaiden (at least they are bigger in 3 and maybe 2).

Half of the enemies in any Megaman game. The experience-stealing guys in the first few dungeons in zelda 2.
    Probably most of what others have mentioned.

Bosses in sonic games are never very hard, since sonic bounces when he hits them, so you just have him keep bouncing until they die.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

a lot of the enemies in the original toejam and earl can be cheap. me and my buddy would be playing and have a bunch of lives stocked up only to lose 3 or so in 30 seconds by cheap shots from the tomato-throwing chickens, the invisible boogeyman, or the doctor who can run faster than you. great game though.