When the Saturn was first available in May of 1995, it came with Virtua Fighter packed in, and three games were available: Daytona USA, Clockwork Knight, and Panzer Dragoon. I think DP is incorrect and Ghen War wasn't available then, although I'm not 100% certain.

But anyway, that's not what I'm talking about. Although Saturns were sold in a few retailers (Toys R Us, Babbages, EB, and Wal-Mart, IIRC) starting in May, the system was not officially launched until September 2. At the official launch, many more games were available. I would be interested to know what the official launch lineup was. So far, I have been unable to find a confirmed (or even unconfirmed) launch list.

The Saturn "Choice Cuts" disc (which is the system's first 'demo' disc, except it has no playable demos, only videos) intro video gives a clue. I think a cut-down version of that video was also briefly run as a commercial on TV. But anyway, it says, "twenty spleen-busting games at launch". Yeah, spleen-busting. Saturn had some idiotic advertising.

"Twenty" isn't necessarily exact, I suppose. I could be 18-22 or so. Also, it's not clear whether it's 20 new games at launch, or 20 including the games that were available in May. I would guess the latter, but who knows. I have also heard multiple times that a couple of games (exactly 2 according to a few articles on the web) were released in between May and September. I think those two may have been Ghen War and Bug!, but obviously I can't be sure.

Anyway, unless someone can provide a link or something to a launch list, I'm wondering if we can piece one together. The Choice Cuts disc has 12 games on it, and I think it can be gathered that all of them are launch games (they certainly all seem to be). Not on it are two games that I am relatively sure were available at launch -- Mansion of Hidden Souls and Ghen War. That gives us a list of 14 to start with:

Black Fire
Bug!
Clockwork Knight
Daytona USA
Ghen War
Mansion of Hidden Souls
Myst
NHL All-Star Hockey
Panzer Dragoon
Pebble Beach Golf Links
Solar Eclipse
Virtua Fighter