Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DP bleemCast Compatibility List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I took the liberty of testing all of the PS1 shmups that I own yet again just to be sure of their compatibility. Here are the results:

----

R-Type Delta - works near perfect, can't see high score after level completion though

ThunderForce V - works great, some audio skipping every once and a while (can be fixed by pressing timeout)

RayCrisis - works great, visuals are in-tact, some slowdown, music skipping here and there but mostly plays good

Raystorm - runs smooth overall, but many laser attacks are too transparent and difficult to see which makes boss battles incredibly hard, music is flawless

Gekioh: Shooting King - plays smooth, but has serious sprite overlay problems, no music running, sound effects sound cut off

Xevious 3D/G+ - Xevious Arrangement works, but has sever slowdown, Xevious and Super Xevious will run at normal speed with perfect audio in normal screen mode (non-tate) but the background sprites are all broken up, xevious 3D/G will run great but the audio is skipping constantly and is only playable by completly turning your TV volume down

R-Types - won't boot

In The Hunt - won't boot
    www.onlineconsoles.com - network gaming for the Dreamcast, GameCube and Playstation 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I tried a few this past weekend. I tried R-Type Delta with no luck. Maybe I have an earlier version? Maybe I did it wrong? I'll try again later this week.

Warhawk (EARLY 3-D shooter) won't work at all.

G-Police 2 (LATE 3-D shooter that pushes the PSone pretty damn hard) runs pretty good... sound effects are hard to hear and there is a lot of sound gitching overall but the graphics are fast and tight.

Tobol 2 (Japanese) runs slowly... maybe 15-20 frames per second (it runs at 60 on the PSone.)

Strike Force Hydra (PAL) sucks to begin with and runs really slow but it does play.

Super Dropzone (PAL) runs slowly but the things that I'd expect to NOT work (the radar, for instance) work just fine.

X2 (PAL) doesn't boot up. Dammit! I wanna play this shooter!

Kirikou (PAL) doesn't boot up, either.

I'll try to remember the others I tried and post them...
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich
    I tried R-Type Delta with no luck. Maybe I have an earlier version? Maybe I did it wrong? I'll try again later this week.
    Is yours a PAL version? I was testing the North American version. All of the titles I tested above are NTSC-U/C.
    www.onlineconsoles.com - network gaming for the Dreamcast, GameCube and Playstation 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lordnikon
    Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich
    I tried R-Type Delta with no luck. Maybe I have an earlier version? Maybe I did it wrong? I'll try again later this week.
    Is yours a PAL version? I was testing the North American version. All of the titles I tested above are NTSC-U/C.
    No, it's the NTSC-U/C version. However, I was doing a lot of switching and restarting and such... I might not have waited long enough or something? RayCrisis - works great, visuals are in-tact, some slowdown, music skipping here and there but mostly plays good

Raystorm and Raycrisis ran just like yours. Some skipping mostly plus things looked a little darker than normal but they ran pretty darn well and the smoother and cleaner graphics looked sweet.
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just have a couple of questions.

Does this boot disc work for multi-disc games?
    Has any consideration been given to how well the controls for the listed games maps to the DC pad?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow xenogears actually works with this?
    Even if I go to hell, I will live to the end of this world. And if the world does not come to an end... I will destroy it with my own hands!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what about ePSXe?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CYRiX
    what about ePSXe?
    Apples and Oranges - the appeal of Bleemcast is usage on the DC for smoother play on a standard TV.

Speaking of which (though it's WAY off and may never happen), Chui put up information awhile back concerning a totally new PlayStation emulator for the Dreamcast, PSX4ALL. Don't get your hopes up as it's only in the extremely early planning stages, but if the time can be found and something does come of it, it could be amazing.

Chui also created the Neo4ALL (NeoGeo CD), AES4ALL (NeoGeo AES spur of Neo4ALL), DCaSTaway (Atari ST), and SNES4ALL (recently begun new SNES emulator) emulators for the Dreamcast. All are in various states of development.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So wait I'm totally confused on this bleemcast thing.. Is there a boot disk available that will run all those games? I looked up bleemcast and saw that there were only 3 commercially released games that came out.... metal gear, crash bandicoot and grand turismo? Where can I find this bootdisk, I'd love to try out xenogears on this even it's in the "ok" category. Someone hook me up with a link to the disk..pretty please.
    Even if I go to hell, I will live to the end of this world. And if the world does not come to an end... I will destroy it with my own hands!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unbroken
    So wait I'm totally confused on this bleemcast thing.. Is there a boot disk available that will run all those games? I looked up bleemcast and saw that there were only 3 commercially released games that came out.... metal gear, crash bandicoot and grand turismo? Where can I find this bootdisk, I'd love to try out xenogears on this even it's in the "ok" category. Someone hook me up with a link to the disk..pretty please.
    Research into the world of Dreamcast homebrews is your friend. There's so much out there you really need to look it up on your own, you're not looking for a commercial release, rather a homebrew project. Wiseman once said...

"Master using it and you can have this."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thought I'd add to the list...

TOBOL 2 runs somewhere between "OK" and "Not Good". It looks GORGEOUS (almost like a Dreamcast fighter) but it runs SLOW. The main appeal of this sequel was its 60 FMS action and smooth, smooth graphics... it looks great but runs SLOW SLOW SLOW. This superb Squaresoft fighter was never released in the States (the first one was, but the sequel is FAR better... well over 100 playable characters.) I was surprised to see that Bleemcast supports some imports.

VS. is a far less notable fighter released around the same time as Tobol 2. It also runs somewhere between "OK" and "Not Good" with a very slow frame rate and glitchy music.

Thrill Kill does not work at all.

Bugriders gets to the select screen and then freezes.

Twisted Metal 2 runs nicely but the Dreamcast controller isn't mapped for ANY weapons (you can select them but not use them... no machine guns, either.) The option screen is so dark that you can't see where to reconfigure the buttons.

I can confirm that Bravo Air Race (on the list already) runs GREAT... almost too fast to play!

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Since the topic has come up again elsewhere I've updated the initial post to reflect the findings of forum members who have tested their games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm trying to find some info on some PSX-to-Bleemcast games that I haven't found anywhere else. Has anyone tried the following Playstation games using the beta Bleemcast disc on the Dreamcast?

D
    X-Files
    Fox Hunt
    Psychic Detective
    Braindead 13

Insert Coin (Level 0) The Jackal's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JackalSEGA

Quote Originally Posted by motley6 View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm trying to find some info on some PSX-to-Bleemcast games that I haven't found anywhere else. Has anyone tried the following Playstation games using the beta Bleemcast disc on the Dreamcast?

D
    X-Files
    Fox Hunt
    Psychic Detective
    Braindead 13
    I have tried X-Files; it crashes during a load screen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

How about

Castlevania SOTN - Black Label & GH
    Street Fighter Alpha 1-3
    Street Fighter Alpha Long Box
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 GH
    Doom - Long Box & GH
    Final Doom

Insert Coin (Level 0) The Jackal's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JackalSEGA

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania View Post
    How about

Castlevania SOTN - Black Label & GH
    Street Fighter Alpha 1-3
    Street Fighter Alpha Long Box
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 GH
    Doom - Long Box & GH
    Final Doom
    Alpha 3 takes a LONG time to load and will only work in Shortcut mode (will crash otherwise); some missing graphics (lifebars etc) but works.

Final Doom freezes after the Bleemcast screen disappears. The others I don't own.