Thread: Don't plan on buying any expensive PS1 or PS2 games, GQD is on the case

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Don't plan on buying any expensive PS1 or PS2 games, GQD is on the case

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=146958

looks like they've got a partnership with CAG now. I'm happy I got all my PS1 RPGs at release, I won't be losing any money over this since I never wanted to sell. Im hesitant to spend money on anything thats hard to find now.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by DefaultGen; 03-12-2023 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DefaultGen View Post
    As someone who never collected disc games, sweet. But isn't this old?
    GQD reprinting isn't, but their partnership with CAG is. Also, their reprints seemed to be a one-off thing, but now it looks like it'll be a constant thing with new reprints every so often.
    Last edited by Promophile; 08-05-2007 at 10:17 PM.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I wish there was a way to see the difference between a GQD release and an original release.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I don't see anything claiming that they've got a partnership going on.

My guess is that CheapyD just made that post so they would put all requests in one thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I don't see anything claiming that they've got a partnership going on.

My guess is that CheapyD just made that post so they would put all requests in one thread.
    except for the fact that he is posting special GQD deals for CAGers only

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146794

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147601

plus the fact he mentions it himself in one of his posts...

Kinda sucky since GQD was so dishonest about the whole reprint thing originally.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Promophile View Post
    except for the fact that he is posting special GQD deals for CAGers only

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146794

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147601

plus the fact he mentions it himself in one of his posts...

Kinda sucky since GQD was so dishonest about the whole reprint thing originally.
    See, you could've said that in your first post. Some of us don't visit CAG that often.

I still don't trust GQD... if they did reprint stuff they'd sell it for the original MSRP anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I doubt GQD is going to reprint any more PS1 games. Especially since EB/GS stopped carrying them. Would they really print up 10,000 copies of Vanguard Bandits or Persona 1 because a couple dozen people on CAG requested it?

PS2 games on the other hand I can see being reprinted. Especially the popular Atlus stuff like SMT Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga 1. Seems like GQD reprints a lot of Atlus stuff anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if those were next.

I think the point of the new parthership with CAG is just let people know what they've got for sale and save them a few bucks off their orders. EB used to do the same thing with CAGers a couple years ago.
    Last edited by norkusa; 08-05-2007 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sweet, means more people can enjoy the niche stuff. If this means more people get to play and enjoy MegaTen, then I'm all for it.

If it weren't for GQD, I probably never would have bothered paying the then-silly ebay prices for the Shadow Hearts trilogy. Thanks to them, I discovered a new RPG series that I totally dig. Hell, if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have gotten Gitaroo Man, either.

I know, I'm in the minority (here) with my opinion.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is GQD doing the reprints themselves, or are they just contracting with the original publisher to have additional copies printed? If it's the latter, then I don't have a problem with it. Hopefully, reprints will do their bit to drive some of the video game speculators (Ebay and otherwise) out of the market.
    If I failed to leave feedback for you on a deal, please contact me.
    My Digital Press Feedback

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

Actually, their Zone of The Enders 2nd Runner box has a 2006 copyright on it, so you CAN tell it's a reprint.

At least, that's what I saw with my own eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gencoil
    I never understood why this track was called "Last Springsteen". Then it hit me, Bruce Springsteen goes under the nickname "The Boss"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd be pissed if they reprinted anything really high-dollar, like suikoden 2 or valkyrie profile. while I really want to own a copy of s2, I think half of the fun is trying to find one. and I really don't want the value of my valky to drop. for that matter anything from atlus would kind of make me mad, especially the smt set.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I know how everybody feels. We all put in the time looking for these titles for the best prices we could so we all don't wanna see the effort gone to waste by simple re-prints. Those bastards.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa View Post
    I doubt GQD is going to reprint any more PS1 games. Especially since EB/GS stopped carrying them. Would they really print up 10,000 copies of Vanguard Bandits or Persona 1 because a couple dozen people on CAG requested it?

PS2 games on the other hand I can see being reprinted. Especially the popular Atlus stuff like SMT Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga 1. Seems like GQD reprints a lot of Atlus stuff anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if those were next.

I think the point of the new parthership with CAG is just let people know what they've got for sale and save them a few bucks off their orders. EB used to do the same thing with CAGers a couple years ago.
    I think you're dead on it here. I'd be shocked to see PSX reprints at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    Sweet, means more people can enjoy the niche stuff. If this means more people get to play and enjoy MegaTen, then I'm all for it.

If it weren't for GQD, I probably never would have bothered paying the then-silly ebay prices for the Shadow Hearts trilogy. Thanks to them, I discovered a new RPG series that I totally dig. Hell, if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have gotten Gitaroo Man, either.

I know, I'm in the minority (here) with my opinion.
    That's the spirit! I too own Gitaroo Man because of a GQD reprint (and a mismarked copy at GS, heh) and I wouldn't have paid eBay prices either. As a non-speculator and cheapskate, I welcome reprints and as a fan on games in general I can't see how making affordable copies of niche titles more available is anything but a good thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmiley381 View Post
    Actually, their Zone of The Enders 2nd Runner box has a 2006 copyright on it, so you CAN tell it's a reprint.

At least, that's what I saw with my own eyes.
    That was the reprint that Konami was selling from their online store for only $30 new but eBay speculators completely raped them of their entire inventory in a matter of hours, right?

Oh well, at least it's only $40 new at GQD right now, which is a pretty fair price for something of that extreme high quality. Well, other than the intro that should have only been unlockable after completing the game. Seriously, as awesome as it is, it's just a gigantic spoiler for the rest of the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by carlcarlson View Post
    I'd be pissed if they reprinted anything really high-dollar, like suikoden 2 or valkyrie profile. while I really want to own a copy of s2, I think half of the fun is trying to find one. and I really don't want the value of my valky to drop. for that matter anything from atlus would kind of make me mad, especially the smt set.
    Dumb.

Video games = bad investment.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MrSmiley381
    PSN
    MrSmiley381

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx View Post
    That was the reprint that Konami was selling from their online store for only $30 new but eBay speculators completely raped them of their entire inventory in a matter of hours, right?

Oh well, at least it's only $40 new at GQD right now, which is a pretty fair price for something of that extreme high quality. Well, other than the intro that should have only been unlockable after completing the game. Seriously, as awesome as it is, it's just a gigantic spoiler for the rest of the game
    Vic Viper! Vic Viper! Vic Viper!

My friend and I both shat bricks when we saw him and they said his name. We were like Gradius wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gencoil
    I never understood why this track was called "Last Springsteen". Then it hit me, Bruce Springsteen goes under the nickname "The Boss"