PDA

View Full Version : buy 2 used get 1 free at gamestop 1/24-1/28

djbeatmongrel
01-24-2006, 01:08 PM
subject says it all. just wanted all you dpers to know. peace out 8-)

pragmatic insanester
01-24-2006, 01:10 PM
damnit. i just bought $26 worth of stuff there the other day. bleh.

hezeuschrist
01-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Gitaroo Man, Rez, and something overpriced, here I come :(

Joker T
01-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Wow,

I am officialy going tomorrow LOL

This month's GI has a thing that lets you get 10% more on trade ins and I have that stupid card that gives me 10% more so, this may be perfect.

Jibbajaba
01-24-2006, 03:28 PM
hey thanks for the heads-up. I think I'll stop by on the way home.

Chris

PDorr3
01-25-2006, 12:51 AM
any idea if they are selling used 360 games yet? I know it varies store to store, but just wondering.

djbeatmongrel
01-25-2006, 01:33 AM
yeah i know my store atleast has used 360 titles already

Austin
01-25-2006, 07:38 AM
Yep, my store has used 360 games, but not many.

I'm going to swing by on my way to work. I always love going through the bargain shelves and getting three games for less than $20.

Now, if only Stubbs would drop a bit in price...

segagamer4life
01-25-2006, 08:16 AM
yeah I am going this saturday to pick up some PSX and Xbox/gamecube/ps2 stuff.... you gotta love B2G1F

vahn401
01-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Do they ever post these sweet but2, get 1 free offers on their website? I always check and never see anything, and then when I find out about them, they're usually ended. So does work on everything used?

mdk
01-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Works on anything used. Games, DVDs, accesories and even systems. The only rule is that the system cannot be the free item.

I picked up a used XBox one day and got 2 $44.99 used games. Probably the best deal I ever walked out of there with.

EricRyan34
01-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Thats too bad cause I only have $2 left in my checking account, and no cash.

poor college student what can I say

GrandAmChandler
01-25-2006, 12:06 PM
Works on anything used. Games, DVDs, accesories and even systems. The only rule is that the system cannot be the free item.

I picked up a used XBox one day and got 2 $44.99 used games. Probably the best deal I ever walked out of there with.

Uhh, you got lucky then because the sale is on Used DVDs and Games ONLY! That Gamestop isn't following the sale correctly.

Anyways, I ended up with:

Forza - Xbox
Simpsons: Hit & Run - Xbox
Doom 3: Collectors Edition - Xbox

Project Overkill - PS1 (It's good! Play it!)
Rosco Mcqueen: Fire Fighter Extreme -PS1 (YAY!)
Tenchu 1 - PS1

All complete and mint except Rosco, who has some scratches on the disc.

Grand Total: $42 & change.

mdk
01-25-2006, 12:25 PM
No that is the policy...I was employeed with Gamestop for over 6 years. 100% sure.

GrandAmChandler
01-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Oh really? Here is what Gamestop.com says for their online sale:

Buy 2 pre-owned DVDs or Games and receive third game FREE!

ADD any 2 pre-owned titles, each valued at $29.99 or more, to your cart. Next add one pre-owned DVD or game for $29.99 or less to your cart.

Enter coupon code 3FOR2PO into the coupon code box on your shopping cart page. Ignore all other coupon codes.

PROCEED to checkout as normal & select your shipping method. Your discount will be applied at checkout!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Terms of offer subject to change at any time. No dealers or resellers, please. Valid for in-stock pre-owned items only. Only 1 discount per order - may not be combined with other offers or promotions. Valid only on purchases of pre-owned games and DVDs. Not Valid on consoles or bundle offers, including games with free premium items. Offer good online only - not valid in stores.

I highly doubt this would differ in stores. Every store in the Philly district goes by "no systems" strict policy.

mdk
01-25-2006, 12:50 PM
The online store does have different promos. Up until 2006 retails store weren't even allowed to do returns for purchases made online. I'm not going to argue my point...it's just that I was a store manager for over 2 years and have a roommate who is a current employee. I wouldn't see why they would change things for this go-round.

Just a little FYI. You can always expect this sale at the very end of a sales quarter. A good way to boost profits real quick.

RJ
01-26-2006, 08:28 AM
GrandAmChandler wrote:
Project Overkill - PS1 (It's good! Play it!)

You are correct, sir.

Austin
01-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Okay, spent entirely way, way, way too much at this sale, but I filled in a lot of gaps in things I'd been meaning to pick up. Here's what I got:

-xbox
Beyond Good & Evil
Crimson Skies
Indigo Prophecy
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Stubbs the Zombie
Tony Hawk 4

-ps2
Kuon
Timesplitters

aaaaaaaaaaaand...

Steel Batallion.

I've been looking at the game on the shelf for what seems like forever, and I figure now it's time. Can't wait to boot this thing up on the 8 foot screen projected on our wall. 8-)

hezeuschrist
01-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Okay, spent entirely way, way, way too much at this sale, but I filled in a lot of gaps in things I'd been meaning to pick up. Here's what I got:

-xbox
Beyond Good & Evil
Crimson Skies
Indigo Prophecy
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Stubbs the Zombie
Tony Hawk 4

-ps2
Kuon
Timesplitters

aaaaaaaaaaaand...

Steel Batallion.

I've been looking at the game on the shelf for what seems like forever, and I figure now it's time. Can't wait to boot this thing up on the 8 foot screen projected on our wall. 8-)

Count me in on that "Way Too Much" thing. My GameStop just up the road has a complete steel battalion... Soon as I get paid next week, it's getting bamf'd into my house.

As for today (instead of going to the gym, I went to GameStop... and ate a burrito) I still spent way too much. $129.93, to be exact, but that includes my $5 down on MGS3: Subsistence. On to the travesty...

http://www.flamevault.com/~jesus/collection/012606.jpg

That cut out a large swath of my wantlist, and finished my current desired Xbox collection. There are still a few games I want but nothing detrimental to the collection.

GrandAmChandler
01-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Yeap, I got some more today too.

X-Men Legends II - Xbox
Sonic Rush - DS
Gradius V - PS2

Grand Total:
$52