|Atari Video Computer System / 2600|
· One of the very few games actually programmed to be in stereo (which can only be experienced with a modified system).
· Super shots - on open-field tank levels, hold down RESET and the FIRE button, and then release the RESET (while still holding FIRE). Your shot will continue across the screen and hit the other tank!
· Tank speed tricks – LEFT+RIGHT = medium speed right turn; LEFT+RIGHT+UP = medium left turn; LEFT+RIGHT+UP+DOWN = medium straight head; UP+DOWN+RIGHT = medium/fast straight ahead; UP+DOWN = fast right turn; LEFT+RIGHT+DOWN = fast right turn.
· Bi-plane/bomber speed tricks – LEFT+RIGHT+UP = medium straight ahead; UP+DOWN or LEFT+RIGHT+DOWN = fast right turn; LEFT+RIGHT+UP+DOWN = fast left turn; LEFT+RIGHT or UP+DOWN+RIGHT = fast straight ahead
· Jet-fighter speed tricks – UP+DOWN = medium right turn; LEFT+RIGHT = medium spin left; LEFT+RIGHT+UP+DOWN = fast spin left; UP+DOWN+RIGHT = flip 180 degrees. If you shoot while doing a flip, the bullet will also change directions!
· Bouncing trick shot - on game 7, position the left tank as shown (picture #1) and press FIRE. Your shot will bounce up into the corner, come out the top right corner and hit the other tank!
· BUG: Tank corner warping - there is a way to “warp” from one corner to another. You can also warp around/through barriers.
· BUG: Spinning tanks - position one tank behind the other, with its turret flat against the tank. Turn the “lead” tank either one increment left or right (if nothing happens one way, try the other direction). Both tanks will begin to spin in circles.
· BUG: Flying tanks - select game 9 and begin game play. Rotate the left (green) tank 180 degrees and FIRE. If done correctly, the shot will bounce around the screen and hit the right tank. Both tanks should fly approximately three screens to the left before stopping (picture #2). Rotate the tank on the right 180 degrees and fire. If done correctly, both tanks will switch positions. If you then move the left tank closer to the right border and fire, both tanks will fly in the other direction!
· If the spinning or flying tank tricks are done just as time runs out, the tanks will continue to spin/fly to the point where they usually stop.